Saturday, August 12, 2017

Why?




The violence the country saw in VA, today was sickening. It scares me. One reason I am staying in California, not that it is all rosy here. Maybe in some parts, there is white supremacy, I don't know. I do know, that the federal prisons, have it. They go in and have to align themselves with a group for protection. I guess the only one for white people is the white supremacy groups. I remember seeing a mugshot here in California, of a guy with a swastika tattooed on his forehead, and no it wasn't Charley Manson.

I have never seen a confederate flag flying in California. Never! People won't stand for it around here. Someone would say something or it would get ripped down. As for the Confederate statues - being torn down. Well, having never lived in the south I cannot relate as to why they still hang on to their racist Confederate heroes. They lost the war -

I feel for the southern blacks, who have to live and see that crap, all the time. Imagine how that would make you feel?  It would be infuriating.

I know it almost sounds silly, but why can't people get along? Why can't we just accept people and their differences? Why can't we just stop it?  Someone has to be the first, to just not argue - to refuse to "bite." It's hopeless, really and that is how I feel today. Sad and hopeless.






3 comments:

  1. It indeed is a sad day for our country. Many may not believe in Jesus, but he said it so simply in the Bible to love the Lord God with your whole heart, soul, and mind and to love your neighbor as yourself. Even if someone doesn't have a faith and doesn't love God, just imagine how different the world would be if we just loved our neighbor (and those different than us) as we love ourselves. It would be a kinder more peaceful world.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, take heart...it's not all like that. I live in the South and never see those flags. I think the news fans flames and makes a few people seem like an army. Most of us are normal, all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about the history of the United States and I am learning. I always thought that every one was equal here. I hate to be disillusioned
    After reading a novel called the " The Slave Day " by Rob Thomas I learned quite a bit. Thank you for this post. I am ashamed about my lack of knowledge but in India we learned about Abe Lincoln abolishing slavery. I did not know that there were so many more issues.
    Happy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts