Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Fly



As I sit, there is a fly, loose in my house. I don't allow flies in my house. When it gets 90+ they try and hitchhike their way into the house, when a door is opened. I've become a mad-woman.

"Watch for Flies!"

Right now, I only have one brazen little fly, tormenting me and my cat. Don't ever, underestimate a fly. As soon as I get up and get the fly swatter, they hide. As soon as I give up, they are back.

My husband says, "Maybe the fly is lonely."  or "It just wants to play."

Susie the cat and I, do not want to play. We want to kill.

I am always so proud of myself when I hit a fly. They are hard to get. I especially like the ones, I can hit, mid-air. WOW!  Gottcha you dirty rotten, poop eating fly.

Did you know, that when a fly lands on you - in order to lick off your delicious salty sweat, they throw up on you? At least, that is what the husband told me.

This fly this morning, is a little one. The BIG black horse flies are the bullies of flies. They dive bomb, much like a mosquito. They also like to hang out in gangs- and once inside your house, they fly around in circles like buzzards. There have been times when I have gotten so mad, that I go in, swatting - and come out the loser. I know they are laughing at me.

I bought an electric fly swatter that electrifies them. For me, it did not work. They know. Those little brains work and they instinctively know, to HIDE.

When you have a dog, you have flies. My husband goes out every morning and picks up dog poop to eliminate or at the very least, cut down on the fly population. It is much better after he does that. The trash cans, also have a sizeable fly population.

If given a choice between a fly and a spider, I always choose the spider. Once, there was a spider web in my kitchen window. A fly got caught in the spider's web. NowI know, this sounds like I am some sadistic serial fly killer, but the fly was making a noise - probably calling out to me to save him and I just let nature happen.

After it was all said and done, I did feel bad about it. Honestly, if I had freed him, I would have tried to swat him. I don't like them in my house. I justified it as a science project, right there in my kitchen window. It did take a couple of days before the fly died. Spiders like to inflict torture.

I don't have a problem with spiders in my house. The reason? That is for another post.




10 comments:

  1. Easiest to swat when they are on a screen, but they do know when you are weaponize. I had a black lab that would wait patiently while they would annoy him and then...WHAP! he caught the mid air and ate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, poor fly...happy spider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't make me feel guilty...lol

      Delete
  3. Now I'm hoping to hear the spider story soon! Knock on wood we don't have many flies here that I've seen inside the house. Probably too hot. I too am not fond of them when they do make their way inside the house.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They like to come inside to the AC.

      Delete
  4. I hate flies too. I do a fair amount of cooking - from scratch. In the summer heat, the flies love to attack the garbage cans and no matter how tight the lid fits, they seem to get inside. Ick! I have three fly swatters strategically placed in the house plus Raid fly spray. Gotcha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try hair spray - extra hold. When it dries on them, they can no longer fly. Then you just step on them.

      Delete
  5. You sound like Tim with flies, yes they annoy me but not as much as they do Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally get one fly and doggone, if another one doesn't find its way in. Grrrrrrrrrrr

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts