Friday, July 28, 2017

My Time


caribou wilderness


I have the house alone this weekend. The husband is hiking and I tend to be a cool weather hiker. Plus he likes to rough it more than I want to. I did all of that when I was younger. I still enjoy hiking and backpacking, but Fall, Winter, and early Spring are my best times. Plus I have noticed, the weight of the backpack is getting heavier. Really, I need a mule to carry my pack!

I'm home without a vehicle, too - now that we are a 1 car family. I've got everything I need. It's nice to be, just home and I don' have to go anywhere.

I plan to CLEAN! I can clean so much better when the husband is away. Plus I can do it, on my own time and energy level. I clean, then I sit - Get up and clean again - then I sit. I also crank up the music and it makes it like a party!  The dog enjoys this time and Susie the car, likes to follow me around and run - she thinks when I clean, it's her play time. Laydee likes to bark at the vacuum cleaner. She'll even try to bite the bag - I end up having to put her out.

I want to do some sewing - get out my sewing machine and just sew.




I tend to collect pretty fabric. Sometimes when I go to a thrift store, I will buy an article of clothing, just for the pretty material. I know, I know...strange. I need to break down the clothing and turn them into usable sewing material.

Actually, I have so many things I want to do and get done, I probably won't be able to get to all of it. Plus there is always room, for distraction. I'll be looking through a box, and something with catch my eye and send me off in another direction. I'm okay with that, too. This is my time.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time! I like when hubby travels, the rare times that he does. I get the remote to myself and I can plan whatever I may want to eat for dinner :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so nice, to just BE at home...

    Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being home alone as I like my own company

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cleaning just like you do it. Clean a bit, then sit a bit. Takes me forever but there is no reason to hurry now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoyed you "alone time" Debby. I really think it's important to have time alone now and then. It helps us to catch up, take a deep breath, and focus. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts