Thursday, July 06, 2017

More on Bob the Next-Door Builder




A week or so, my husband who is friendly with Bob was talking with him. Bob built a very nice addition to his work shed, making it larger. No doubt about it, the man is talented. My husband, mentioned to him, that I was not pleased and felt as if I lived next to a construction site.  (I told him, it was okay to say this if he wanted.) Bob, said he was almost done with this current project.

The next day, Bob told my husband that he realizes that we like to sit out on our patio in the morning, drinking our coffee and listening to our waterfall. So he kindly offered to not start using his power tools till 7:30 am. Gee, thanks!

Bob must be sitting by the clock, every morning. Right on the dime, at 7:30 am, he starts in.

He builds really cute bird houses. You would think, with all the noise pollution he puts me through, he would make me one. Heck, I deserve two of them! If it were me, I would - just to validate to my neighbor, that I appreciate their Grace in putting up with it.

He's a nice old guy - but he is clueless as to how loud it is and how it disrupts my peace and serenity. My husband is hard of hearing - with a constant ringing in his ears from his years in the service. So he doesn't hear it like I do. I realize, Bob has a right to build and make things in his yard and I would never impose my right for quiet on him. I just wish he felt the same as I did.

Ear plugs are in my future.


9 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely try ear plugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Bob's hearing is not so great and he doesn't realize how loud he is. When I was married, if my husband wanted to mow the yard on a Saturday, I made him wait until 9 a.m. He was so clueless that he would have been out on the riding mower at 7 a.m. I had to explain to him that a lot of people want to sleep on Saturday morning. Someday when he retires, he'll probably be out disturbing his neighbors everyday, but he's not my problem now.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was thinking that too

      Delete
  3. A birdhouse?? He should build you a second kitchen and a guest house! ;-)

    Don't you wish you could invade the noise with quiet? Hey, where did all my hammering sounds go...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could go for that!!!

      Delete
  4. Sad, but true. Bob probably doesn't hear all that well anymore himself. And likely has always been an early riser and starter. Suppose it never entered his mind to try to build a sound proof shop. I dated a drummer who had built a sound proof room apart from the main house.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Key word hear appears to be "clueless". It would be easier to deal with if he was an uncaring jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a neighbor who is always banging on something. The outside is a mess and can't imagine what the inside looks like. Anyway, one year he was mowing his lawn in the dark around ten PM so I called the cops. He got made at me and we haven't spoken since. He didn't see what the problem was. Maybe he and his wife are also deaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would hate to live next door to Bob the builder

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts