Friday, July 28, 2017
Just for fun
1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with younger people and we looked like idiots doing it.
2. We believe that a power greater than ourselves (Anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories, and pain-killers) could help us to embrace aging so we can stop complaining.
3. Made a decision to turn our gray hair, wrinkles, saggy skin, aches and pains and our pitiful lives over to the care of a good doctor, the government and a good massage therapist.
4. Made a searching inventory weekly - to keep track of doctors appointments and refilling our weekly pill containers.
5. Admitted to our Shrinks, our blog and to another old person the exact nature of our crankiness.
6. Were entirely ready to get rid of all of our defects of character before we die - so that our loved ones will remember us, sweetly.
7. Humbly asked... who ever will listen!
8. Made a long list of all persons we had been mean and rude to and became willing to make amends to them all before we die.
9. Made direct amends to such people if they are still alive so we can clear our guilty conscience. If not, we're screwed.
10. Continued to take inventory before we forget.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God Almighty, Jesus, Abraham, Issac and Jacob, Allah, Buddha, Thor, Zeus and Odin for our eventual death and that it will be quick and painless.
12. Having had this awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message, to other old people - as we remember it. Or die trying.
I was laying in bed the other night, thinking about the medical marijuana and how times have changed - I remembered that I smoked my...
I miss newspapers the way they used to be. As a child, my Mom always subcribed to the San Francisco Chronicle, a morning paper. Occasio...
We ALL have issues. I know I sure have mine. Being an introvert, conjours up all kinds of issues with myself and hey, at least I admit...
This has not been "my summer." I had another gall bladder attack last week. Painful to say the least. My surgery is set for ...
The flying dog So I mentioned the painting - I didn't mention the Fence. Our lab-pit Laydee learned how to climb the fence. No...
Last night I was at our group and all of a sudden I was hit with some intense pain in my lower back (L3 and L4) It was so intense, I ha...
Baseball teaches you about Life Spring is baseball and I am looking forward to another San Francisco Giants season. I've been a...