Friday, July 28, 2017

Just for fun






12 steps 

1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with younger people and we looked like idiots doing it.

2. We believe that a power greater than ourselves (Anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories, and pain-killers) could help us to embrace aging so we can stop complaining.

3. Made a decision to turn our gray hair, wrinkles, saggy skin, aches and pains and our pitiful lives over to the care of a good doctor, the government and a good massage therapist.

4. Made a searching inventory weekly -  to keep track of doctors appointments and refilling our weekly pill containers.

5. Admitted to our Shrinks, our blog and to another old person the exact nature of our crankiness.

6. Were entirely ready to get rid of all of our defects of character before we die - so that our loved ones will remember us, sweetly.

7. Humbly asked... who ever will listen!

8. Made a long list of all persons we had been mean and rude to and became willing to make amends to them all before we die.

9. Made direct amends to such people if they are still alive so we can clear our guilty conscience. If not, we're screwed.

10. Continued to take inventory before we forget.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God Almighty, Jesus, Abraham, Issac and Jacob, Allah, Buddha, Thor, Zeus and Odin for our eventual death and that it will be quick and painless.

12. Having had this awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message, to other old people - as we remember it. Or die trying.

6 comments:

  1. Oh man Debby, you know the new 63 is the old 59 girlfriend. Besides, if our bodies cooperate, you are as old as you feel. I feel pretty good. I just know better than start doing deep knee bends and the like.

    But it is a good list. I'll look over it again probably as I wait at the gates of hell due to forgetting some technicality in the holy order of the universe. Easy for me to say, I don't believe Hell exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel great too - of course summer is my best time to not ache.

      Delete
  2. #8 and 9....that's it there. Forgiveness rights the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, whether a person is religious or not. We have to stop carrying grudges. I've seen so many old people, still mad at something that happened years ago. So silly.

      Delete
  3. Love this! So true! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think number 8 is so special, Debby. I know so many people who haven't forgiven, and it makes me sad for them.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts