Friday, July 28, 2017
Just for fun
1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with younger people and we looked like idiots doing it.
2. We believe that a power greater than ourselves (Anti-depressants, anti-inflammatories, and pain-killers) could help us to embrace aging so we can stop complaining.
3. Made a decision to turn our gray hair, wrinkles, saggy skin, aches and pains and our pitiful lives over to the care of a good doctor, the government and a good massage therapist.
4. Made a searching inventory weekly - to keep track of doctors appointments and refilling our weekly pill containers.
5. Admitted to our Shrinks, our blog and to another old person the exact nature of our crankiness.
6. Were entirely ready to get rid of all of our defects of character before we die - so that our loved ones will remember us, sweetly.
7. Humbly asked... who ever will listen!
8. Made a long list of all persons we had been mean and rude to and became willing to make amends to them all before we die.
9. Made direct amends to such people if they are still alive so we can clear our guilty conscience. If not, we're screwed.
10. Continued to take inventory before we forget.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God Almighty, Jesus, Abraham, Issac and Jacob, Allah, Buddha, Thor, Zeus and Odin for our eventual death and that it will be quick and painless.
12. Having had this awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message, to other old people - as we remember it. Or die trying.
12 steps 1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with y...
The violence the country saw in VA, today was sickening. It scares me. One reason I am staying in California, not that it is all rosy h...
caribou wilderness I have the house alone this weekend. The husband is hiking and I tend to be a cool weather hiker. Plus he likes to...
So my husband threw his back out - is off from work until tomorrow evening. We spent all day at the VA on Friday. It's a bummer w...
There are some who sing to the music and others who listen. I like to sing at times - mostly I love to really listen to the music. Espe...
This is one of my many pet peeves. You hear it all the time now, in the media. "The Outrage is Growing" Really? Hey, I know...