Saturday, July 15, 2017

Issue# 76 - Leaving my Pets

Timmy the Cat - NOW could you say goodbye to that face?


Yes, I have issues. I'm not proud of them but some actually make us the interesting people that we are.

Lately, my issues stem from being a homebody. I could care less, about going somewhere. Reason? Well besides being a cheap homebody, I would miss my animals. There we have it: MY ISSUE.

I love my animals so much I hate to leave them more than a couple of nights. Even then, I am so happy to see them. We usually get Char, to stay here at the house and be here for the dog and 2 cats. The dog is fine as long as someone plays ball with her and feeds her. The 2 cats, HIDE and only come out when there is food, only to sniff around, take a nibble or two, and then walk away to hide. When I come home, I get an earful from the cats. Then for the next few days, they follow me around and just want to be with me.

So don't say, they don't really miss us, or even know we are gone.

I know I attach human emotions to my animals and that is what triggers my panic when I leave them.

I NEVER want to live without a dog and a few cats.

I saw where Norwegian Airlines is offering a deal- one-way flights to London for $199 from Oakland. In April 2018 they will be offering a round trip to Paris out of Oakland for $475. Booking a bag will cost $130 per bag. OUCH.

I told my husband about it. We've always wanted to go to Normandy. We could do this. But my "issue" gets in the way.

So far, we have been working on the house and have not had a vacation. He wants to drive up to Oregon to see the Spruce Goose. I want to go to Yosemite in the Fall and then swing over to Virginia City. Basically 2 or 3-night trips. I can handle that.

The other issue, is: We are having a horrid crime spree in our community. But then again, if Char is here, at least our house is being occupied.

PS. Timmy the Cat, is gone now. We had him for about a year. He was about 18 mos old when he left home and never returned. The coyotes got him. RIP sweet Timmy.










12 comments:

  1. I might like a dog or even a ct, but we are away a lot and I think I would be like you and worry about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's hard to have pets and really get into them, yet want to travel all the time. IT's like working full time and leaving your pets at home. Not fair to them.

      Delete
  2. So sorry about Timmy. We saw the Spruce Goose when it was by the Queen Mary years ago; didn't realize it was in Oregon now.

    When we had our corgi, he never got along with other dogs so we couldn't have him in a doggy daycare type of situation. When we had to board him when we had to get away for this or that, we would take him to a pet "resort" and pay top dollar for his care, including a play time daily with one of the staff. I was always happy to pick him up and worried about him while we were gone. We are at the age where we are wondering if we were to get another dog would it outlive us and that we wouldn't want to have happen. Sister in law's mom took in a rescue dog and that was her big concern that she would pass before him and as "luck" would have it, she did pass before him. Thankfully the person who would watch the dog while she traveled was able to welcome him into her house. Get a security system for the house. I know lots of people have them here and are quite happy with the services provided.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we hope to get a security system soon. It's on the list.

      Delete
  3. Timmy was lovely. I like cats and always had them growing up, but I am very allergic, so they are not living in my home. I've never been overly attached to my pets - three different dogs in my home over the years - but I hate leaving my gardens in summer cause I come home to too much work, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah, I forgot about leaving the yards...that too!

      Delete
  4. It is difficult to leave your pet. They do love us. My mom has two chihuahua mixes that she spoils are they are just too precious to her in their adoration. Those two get to go grocery shopping. Mom misses them too badly. I can go on and on. I better save it for a blog post.

    But you need to skip across the pond and make it to London. What a deal. Get those tickets. Your pets would want you to have a good time. Well the dog will for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't go on sale until April 2018.

      Delete
  5. This is a big reason I no longer want pets, well not till our travelling days are over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's one or the other.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Timmy. Those coyotes! Too bad you couldn't take your pets with you when you travel, right? If I had all your space surrounding my home, I'd want a few animals too. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have a 34 ft motor home, we sold last year. The cats didn't like to travel.They cried all the time. Ugh!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts