Monday, July 03, 2017

I fell again





Here it is, the day before the 4th - I have things to do. But noooooooooooo, I had to go and FALL. Now I am achy all over, with a bruised hip, knees, wrist and a bloody elbow.

DO NOT WEAR FLIP FLOPS IF YOU ARE PRONE TO FALLS

I did not hit my head, thank God but I am having a hard time with my vision. It's like I can't focus as quickly as I did. I also had a headache on the top of my head. I must have jarred something in my head. Strange.

I tripped over my dog's leash line - caught it between my flip flop and I came crashing down on my cement walkway. Just missed the sprinkler head! My sweet husband came over and tried to pick me up (I hate that) I am no lightweight. I insisted I could get up myself, which I did. I hobbled into the house, and here I sit, with a bag of frozen blueberries on my head, an ice pack on my hip and a small icy thing I bought at the DollarTree on my knee. If I could stand it, maybe an ice bath? Burrrrrrrrrrr just thinking about it. Tonight I will soak in a tub with Epson salt.

I've gone years without falling. Not since I was a kid. Then about 2 years ago, I was scaling the doggy gate and (wearing flip flops) and went down hard. Tore a rotator cup on my shoulder. About 10 days later, I was at the dog park, and a Great Dane was having fun, and I had my back to him and he ran into me and I fell, tearing my other rotator cup and my knee.

Today was my 3rd fall.

I believe I am mostly sore, bruised...we'll see tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. It is definitely time to get rid of the flip flops! Hope you are okay without too much aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 days later - I'm doing okay.

      Delete
  2. Definitely ditch the flip flops; the name alone sounds like a fall.

    Hope you feel better after that bath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bath helped. Just hard getting out of it.

      Delete
  3. Get yourself checked out if you are still having vision problems in a few says. Better safe than sorry. My flip flops sometimes catch and I end up being off balance, but thankfully haven't fallen yet. Might be time to move on from them (though they are so darn comfortable). I fear falls since my work involves using my hands. Living in Montana and walking on ice, I penguin walked a lot of the times (waddling). Fell about 6 months ago. Taking the recyclables outs to the bin early morning in the dark. Turned the corner of the garage and found myself on the ground. Had done that path "100s" of times in the past with no problem. Not sure what caused the fall this time. Thankfully no major injuries.

    Feel better soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my vision is still off but I'll wait. I keep thinking it might be my imagination. ON 2nd thought, it might be because of Bob the Builder.

      Delete
  4. I hate flip flops!!! They are dangerous as you have discovered, and provide no support. Time to ditch them before you do some serious damage to the dog.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in the trash

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry you took a fall. I remember one time I was in front of Marshall's, and I tripped and fell and landed on my face. I was ok, a little bruised, but mostly just embarrassed. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah falling in public is embarrassing.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts