Sunday, June 04, 2017

Hot cheeks and headaches

After my last post, of sick men versus sick women - GUESS WHAT? I've been under the weather and the husband has been the healthy one.

I haven't been sick with germs - like a virus or anything. Just 2 weeks of not feeling up to par. Seasonal allergies and then I injured my left knee to where it was swollen. I guess I worked out too vigorously at the gym. So I went in for a cortisone shot on Friday and then Sat, I had a reaction to the shot where I had these red rosy cheeks that were so hot, I felt like I had a fever. Then it went away! Today I feel normal (whatever that is at age 63)  I remember the last time, I had a shot, I got those hot cheeks that lasted a day. I read where it is one of the side effects for a small minority. Never used to have that happen. My body is changing aging.  Oh, and I had a headache that lasted 36 hours.

So the knee keeps me from using the treadmill and the cycling. No more weight lifting with the legs. Just the arms. Tomorrow I start my summer swimming/water aerobics which is no impact and comes at a good time.

I've also been just a tad down - Don't know why because I'm happy and all is well. I tend to overthink things and lately been thinking about my childhood family, that is gone now. Miss my sister, so much. She took with her, everything she knows about me. I don't know - it's part of life but the yucky part that you have to deal with, as you get older.

Weather's been actually cooler than normal - Usually, by now, we're in the low 100's. Only the 90's and we may get some sprinkles this week, which is unheard of, this time of year in California's valley.

I still have that headache, so I can't think too good right now. Just wanted to poke my head in, to say Hi and make an update and then get back into the swing of things.

Here's a video my son just took yesterday- on his hike up to the high country. We haven't seen water like this in California in YEARS. Beautiful sight. And YES, there is still snow in the higher elevations.





5 comments:

  1. We had like four days of winter this past year. So the bugs are out in force. Gnats start up early in the day. I hate being sick. It is a rude awakening in your 60s with the crap your body will do. But we're still here which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful video! Sending prayers for a total healing of your knee and a lift for your spirit.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better today. After menopause I started to get migraines and some days I thought they would never go away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Headaches suck they are terrible can make us feel just awful, I am one of those people who suffer from far to many headaches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get like that sometimes with the blues. And for some reason I've had it a bit lately too! Hope your knee is feeling better. I am 66 so I know what you are talking about with our aging!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts