Monday, June 05, 2017

Get a Life!

birdhouse my 91-year-old FIL painted for me


My next door neighbor is a chap in his mid 70's. Retired - nice guy. However, all he does, all day long, at least 8 to 12 hours a day is use his saw, and pound wood. It gives me a headache! He's building birdhouses. He uses his compressor and all his power tools and he seems to especially like his nailgun.

His poor wife sits over there - and does laundry all day. She told me that was her "hobby."

Yes, for real.

The husband told me to stop thinking about it. I'm trying and after this post, I will try and put it out of my mind. His work area is near my front yard and living room. I guess it could be worse. He could be a loud mouthed, beer drinking jerk, that plays loud music and make my walls shake. I've had that before. So when these irritating issues come up, I have to stop and play it out, in my head. Yeah, okay, I guess it's not THAT bad. Although on Saturday he pounded for 12 hours! Maybe that is why my headache would not go away.

He needs to get a life; away from bird houses.

Okay, I'm convicted. Maybe I NEED to get a life - away from his noise. Play music and go to another part of my home to get away from it. I have to try.

He was like this last summer, too. I had forgotten. I did eventually get used to it.

So there - I'm done complaining. He has every right to get out there and pound and saw. I don't want to be a sour-puss of an old lady, complaining about every little inconvenience. I shall prevail.

13 comments:

  1. I can't get behind you on this rant, us geezers need a hobby, it could be worse as you say, I could be your neighbor and you'd hear my crappy guitar playing and screechy ass-voice half the day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, it could be worse. :-)

      Delete
  2. The dogs and I hang out in the quietest room in the house.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my bedroom.

      Delete
    2. In my house, it's the bedroom I turned into my office.

      Delete
  3. Ah, what bothers us bothers us. You are correct that he is doing nothing "wrong". Perhaps if you spoke with him in a nice way, you could at least work out some hours he'd agree not to do the work between. As to the other times of the day, I agree it might be best to try to stay in other parts of your home. Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. knowing me, I won't say a thing.

      Delete
  4. How much laundry can 2 people produce if she is doing laundry every day? What does he do with his bird houses that he makes?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sells his bird house and they are cute. He does good work

      Delete
  5. I too have a neighbor who pounds a lot, but on his house. I have no idea what he is doing. The place is a mess. I'd love to live on 20 acres away from idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That noise would drive my mad, I don't get why some people need to have noisy hobbies take up reading and give us so peace and by us I mean you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has more energy than a 70+ should have. He's addicted to working on his house and birdhouses...He's a nice guy though...

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts