Monday, June 19, 2017

Big dog owners versus small dog owners




What is it, with small dog owners (not all of them) when they walk their little pooches, they never pick up the poop????  Is it because it is really small and it just composts back into the ground?

Sure their little dogs are adorable, but their poop is not. At least I don't think so!

See, big dog people can't get away with that! People see you walking your big dog, and they give you the evil eye and watch you out their window. Some of us are lugging around these huge bags of dog poop and these little dog people, just walk on by, leaving the itty bitty deposit on the lawn. Grrrrrrr.

I had this one little old lady, we used to call the "Kleenex Lady." She had a little old dog and it always pooped on the sidewalk. (a little dog trait) She would pick it up with her kleenex and then throw it into the gutter. The gutter drains into our creeks and streams. Not to mention, what a mess it would make. I went out several times and told her NOT to do that and she acted as if, she couldn't hear or was having a hard attack. So she continued to do it - right in front of my house and I had to give up. Then one day, she wasn't there - and the next day...and the next. She or the dog either died or moved away. PROBLEM SOLVED.

When my 3 little boys were running across the beautiful green grass at the park, they would ALWAYS step in "little dog poop" because they couldn't see it. At least with BIG DOG poop, you can see it, smell it, and there are usually flies.

Having had to clean the dog crap off my boy's shoes, NEVER underestimate the potency and staying power of "little dog poop".

BIG dogs rarely poop on the sidewalk. If they do, they probably have worms or they are old. Okay I admit, they like to pick out the most beautifully manicured lawn and squat - and almost always, the owner of the home, drives up RIGHT WHEN your dog is doing their deed. You feel guilty and for what? You know you will pick it up but the neighbor doesn't. They keep watching you. It's nerve racking!

At the DOG PARK

We have the BIG DOG side and the little dog side. Big dogs play rough. Little dogs play rough. But combine them together and a little dog will get hurt and a little dog owner gets mad. It really bugs me when they come into the big dog yard and expect the BIG DOGS to behave. They do it all the time. BIG dog owners are always apologizing for their big dogs, being big dogs, whereas little dog owners NEVER apologize when their little snippy yapper, bites a big dog. They think it's cute.

Whew! Felt good getting all of that off my chest.







16 comments:

  1. Most big dogs are sweethearts, little ones tend to be skiddish. Both need to be treated differently. When I was a kid I used to step in dog poop often, these days not so much. We have gotten better about pickup. I've not noticed little dog owners are any worse at pickup, but I would not be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I have noticed. :-)

      Delete
  2. I hate when people let their dogs poop on the sidewalk. I have two medium-size dogs but i always clean up after them. People who don't, shouldn't be allowed to have dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People with little dogs think no one will notice or be bothered by the little poopers. I always carry a bag for clean up doodie duty.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how many people I have screamed at. One woman asked me where should her dog poop and I suggested her own damn yard! One man called me a fat bitch when I yelled at him. I do not understand having to walk your dog so it can poop. One neighbor walks her dog across the street so it csn poop at the neighbor's mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is these types of dog owners that ruins it for everyone else.

      Delete
  5. Can't comment about the dog park and etiquette for it because when we had our dog, he was so antisocial that dog parks were totally off limits. However, we were always diligent picking up after him (small dog, corgi, but they think they are big dogs). We always carried our own supplies, paper towels, plastic bags, but liked the cities or parks that had the place where you could get the plastic bags for clean up dispensed out of a machine. We took advantage of those when we could.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't own a dog. But I have watched out my window as neighbors walk their dogs and they stop to poop on my yard. I don't have a beautiful lawn but I don't like dog poop out there for me to step in. Or run over with my lawn mower. This is a public service post! I read through the poster at the top. Ewwwww, just ewww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I might post it on my lawn

      Delete
  7. I so hear ya, we had a neighbour who would toss their dogs poo over the back fence because behind the back yard was council land which was so wrong our back yard is the same but I would pick it up and toss it in the bin not over the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never knew all that about the decomp and pollution. I thought it was just rude to leave it where someone might walk on it.

    Here in Beijing, I've never seen anyone pick up poop, but it is almost always on sidewalk or pavement. I *have* seen people wipe their little dog's anus, however. It's mildly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts