Thursday, May 04, 2017

We're good to go

amazing - my husband's heart




Great News! No stents or bypasses needed. They can treat his "lazy heart" with medications. 




My husband's heart





His cardiologist showed me the actual video of his heart pumping. Freaky. 

He had to stay all day at the short stay - LONG boring day. They brought in a guy, a few years older than my husband- his test didn't go too well. He will get 3-4 bypasses on today. His wife was hysterical. I felt sorry for the man. The wife called their sons and the husband didn't want to worry them. She was on the phone telling everyone. It was her way, to vent off the stress - I get that but still felt for the man. He was helpless. Then he told her to go home and get some rest. (He wanted to be alone) and she said, she would go get something to eat and come back. He kept trying to convince her, to just go home and he would see her in the morning. She wouldn't have it. Oy vey!

As an introvert myself, I felt for the guy. He needed to be alone,  to process and anyway, it isn't about her -  I could tell, she was an all-over-the-place kinda wife - won't let him do anything. You could tell they both cared for each other - she just was smothering the poor guy.

Yeah, we dodged a bullet this time - He goes next month for another test at his cardiologist. Soon, I will demand to check out my heart. My doctor is laid back - he pretty much expects his patients to be their own advocates, which is good. He doesn't send you off to get a bunch of tests if there are no symptoms. But with my history, I need a baseline checkup. 

So much fun, getting old.



15 comments:

  1. I like your kind of doctor. We should be allowed to advocate for ourselves. So glad your husband's news was good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good news about your husband, Debby. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad some meds will do the trick for hubby. As we get older it is just good sense to have a few things checked out, even without symptoms.
    I Saw It On Facebook at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it could mean the difference between life or death

      Delete
  5. I probably have the beginnings of heart disease. I just don't care to start earlier than I have to. I take two to the heart doctor and it does not seem like they do much for them. Truth be told, It is being careful with your diet and taking your meds that makes the biggest difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, well I hope you follow what you're supposed to do and get regular heart check ups.

      Delete
  6. Good news about your husband!! Was wondering how it all went. Now he'll just have to follow through with what the doctor recommends, etc. And yes, do get your heart checked out, just so you know what is going on and to make sure nothing is genetic that could be passed down the line.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad all is ok with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad everything went well. The other couple reminds me of a couple I saw in the grocery store. If I was the woman's husband I would have run her over with the shopping cart. She was like a drill sergeant.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts