Tuesday, May 23, 2017

grumbling and mumbling



Do you talk to yourself?  I tend to grumble and mumble, which is a form of talking to yourself. I don't carry on conversations with me, but when I am bugged at something, I catch myself, grumbling...

Now I have caught myself, at the grocery store a few times - I guess I was loud enough for some to turn around and look at me. OH, MY GOD, I'm an old lady that mumbles to herself. It's official. (See: a wrinkled hag with age double, picking up dry sticks and mumbling to herself)

I think it is a bad habit more than anything or maybe I am delusional and am just showing the early signs of "losing it."



The husband mumbles...I hear him and it's when I have said something he doesn't want to do - he grumbles that he has to do it. I've caught him a few times, referring to me as a "nag." He forgets that I hear very well. I'm smart. If he tells me something, that I don't want to hear, I usually just say, "Okay, dear." And that's all it takes, to make him happy. I don't like to argue.

I mumble when I drive. I grumble when I hear the news. (Ok I am a whiner) I also hum in the shower and sometimes I sing really dorky songs that just come out of nowhere!



So, I was wondering, do Mummers mumble? and what exactly are the differences between mumbling and grumbling? See above.

I admit, I DO talk to my 2 cats and 1 dog, in the evening when my husband is at work. But that's perfectly normal! 


14 comments:

  1. I'm a hummer! lol As soon as I start a chore...especially in the kitchen I start humming! Enjoy your day! Start humming! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband says I hum a lot, too. I hadn't realized that. Lol

      Delete
  2. I talk to the dogs so I don't have to talk to myself. I often sing in public. No one seems to care.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah after a certain age, no one cares.

      Delete
  3. I mutter to myself sometimes, when I am having a hard time with something. But if I am aggravated about something or by someone I don't mutter. I talk out loud about it. LOL
    Visit me at Life & Faith in Caneyhead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humm muttering...I should of included that as well. I think I mutter in between grumbling and mumbling.

      Delete
  4. I do a wee talking to myself. I don't mumble much. I'm usually pretty clear about what I don't like and why. I have been trying to pack that outspokenness in. I realize it ages me. It's thought filter we lose as we get older. I'm trying to think young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be outspoken but I am trying to mold myself into a sweet old lady. I'd rather be sweet than a bitter old babe.

      Delete
  5. I talk out loud a lot when I'm working, but there's no one home but me. As I'm waiting for the doctor to get their thoughts together, I'm saying "come on, spit it out" etc. We are in the process of thinking of getting a dog. It will be nice to have someone home to talk to other than the computer screen :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't talk to myself, but sometimes I do talk to my mom who we have lost over fifteen years ago. I am not sure why, but it seems like I feel a little better when it is time for me to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's sweet. We always need our moms

      Delete
  7. I mumble and grumble and often while shopping I will be wandering up and down aisles mumbling about what I need to get

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You "get me". That is exactly what I do.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts