Sunday, April 30, 2017

When it rains, it pours






It looks like, my husband and I will begin a new journey - he went to the cardiologist and one section of his heart is only working at 33% capacity. WTF???  I had no idea but he knew. He kept this from me! GRrrrrrrrrrrr. Also his numbers on his kidneys are not good - I didn't know that either. Tuesday, he goes in for that procedure, where they stick a camera up his groin and look at his heart. 3 days before, he has to take this special medicine for 3 days - and then 3 days after the procedure, to protect his kidneys. I'm not surprised that he would one day, have these issues. It runs in his family. His dad will be 91 in May, but has a pacemaker, bypass surgeries, and stents in his past. He started at age 60, which is exactly how old my husband is.

I won't allow myself to get upset - I mean, what good would that do me? We will take it one step at a time. So next week, was supposed to be a vacation week - WRONG!  He is a bit miffed about that and wanted to wait a week but MAMA said, NO WAY! Lets, get this done and over with! 

Speaking of kidneys - my elderly cat, Miss Buster is 17 and will be 18 in October. She's been losing weight and sneezing so I took her into the vet. She is Renal. Other than that, her heart is good, and she's fine. Her lungs are good. So they gave me anti-biotic for her congestion, which is most likely hayfever, drops for her ears and a prescription cat food for renal diets for cats. So far, she is eating it. She'll go back in for a urinalysis in June.

I'm doing just fine - trying to get to the gym 3 times a week.


20 comments:

  1. Prayers to you and your husband. Visiting from
    If I Only Had A Time Machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up at the gym, you may need the strength. Hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read that about your hubby. Getting older is not for the feint of heart. I've got an 18 year old kitty. She is a scrawny thing but eats well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbor told me, "getting old is not for wussies." Awesome about your kitty.

      Long LIVE old cats!

      Delete
  4. Good luck on all you families health issues. Our family members all have things to worry about, even the cats--diabetes, kidney stones, and thyroid problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just another hurdle we have to get over and we will - like it or not, it's LIFE

      Delete
  5. My husband has survived three heart attacks. They have made amazing progress in the cardiology department over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY goodness three attacks...thats amazing. Yeah I am not too worried about it. Like I said, I knew it would probably be a issue one day - since it is so prevalent on his side of the family. I guess we both just weren't ready.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear this about your husband. You are handling things very well. My mom had kidney issues also. Your husband's dad is 91, so that is positive news. You're right, when it rains, it pours.

    Take care, friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men and their health issues. Hubby keeps a lot from me too. I hope everything works out with your hubby; at least he is going to doctors and dealing with procedures that need to be done; can't get that out of my hubby some days.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's good about going - it's telling me what the doctor says, which means I have to start going if I want to know the straight scoop.

      Delete
  8. I hope all goes well for your husband. My B-I-L is in the hospital recuperating from major spinal surgery - they practically rebuilt his spine. As we age, everything seems to wear out. I know from experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rebuilt spine - wow. I may need that one day.I tend to have bone issues. I ache every day all over. and it just gets worse.

      Delete
  9. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way! Hope everything goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My old kitty turns 18 in August. My father-in-law has heart problems. I hope your husband can get it taken care of pretty simply. Or as simple as an heart procedure can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it inevitable. We all get old and fall apart.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts