Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weather ramblings






You know, March is a fickle month. It cannot make up its mind whether to be Winter or be Spring. Of course, Spring will win, just about when summer kicks in. After that, Spring and Summer will battle it out. Summer will win.  This weekend we'll be seeing 80's -  You can count on it - a few weeks later, we'll be cold, and there will be snow in the mountains. 80's might be summer temps everywhere but here. Our average summer temperature is 105. We get a few heat waves that get up to 110+

I need to get some sandals. I don't like flip flops. I'm afraid I will fall or trip or flip and flop. I fell twice last year, and that is it for me. It's not fun.

I need to get some summer clothes, too. It gets so hot here- that by the end of the season, my summer clothes are worn out and threadbare. I am picky about the material I wear. I hate wearing anything That doesn't breathe, makes me sweat or retains BO smells. Like polyester, and nylon. I like cotton. I like thin cotton tops. I don't like anything tight. Just too HOT for that. I really would love to walk around naked, but only in my own home. I'm too shy to go to a nudist camp.

For our front yard


Time to start gardening too. We have some big landscaping to do - after 5 years of drought, we don't have grass anymore. Just green weeds. Too many green weeds. And we're going to put a ranch-style fence around the front yard. Yeah, we have a lot to do. We have to get most of it done before it gets into the 100's. Then we just lay around - take naps - swim - I LOVE Summer.  Until it stays too long and starts to battle it out with Autumn. You know how the story goes, Autumn will win.






8 comments:

  1. I think it would be very boring without the change of seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that photo with the green grass, Debby. We had a bit of that here recently, but then....it is snowing this morning! Funny. You never know what to expect. But it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wear sandals my feet sweat too much and I end up with blisters and sore feet unless I wear stockings with them I like knee high stockings under pants or long dresses and skirts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm picky with sandals, too. Certain materials make my feet sweat too.

      Delete
  4. Summer is not a favorite season of mine any more. It gets too hot in California. But I do like polyester because it doesn't cling like spandex, but it kind of hangs just right. The ranch-style fence is going to look nice around your home. You're lucky having a lot of area to roam.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a lot of property - just a regular sized lot. But we live in and around ranches, and so I want my place to reflect that "look" but in a mini-way.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts