Monday, March 20, 2017

The Ex never goes away

We were young 



Once again, people call me, to look for my ex-husband. I received a phone call, from someone who works at the State Controllers Office, letting me know, that my ex, has a life insurance policy that he has not claimed. $44,834.33. The ex. is the sole beneficiary of the policy (It was part of his mom's estate)

The Ex. turned out to be a total drunken bum after we divorced. After our oldest son died, he totally went off the deep end, due to his guilt and stopped communicating with his other 2 sons. It's been 14 years. I've had friends, contact me, telling me, they found him on the beach, living under a tarp. His mother's home was a total mess and back taxes were due. His nephews took over and they retained an attorney - they ended up selling the house. The Ex. got half. (His sister had died years ago when the nephews were young - they were the legal heirs) I heard he bought a brand new motorhome and was living in an RV park, just outside San Francisco.

Still no contact - I wrote him, through the RV park, letting him know, how he could reach his sons. The letter never came back - so he probably got it. My sons won't write - and it is for the best - he would be a bad influence on them.

You know, it all upset me. I would rather not knowing anything about the man. I still get angry, at how he deserted his sons, Michael included. How their Grandma (his mother) would have never approved at what he has done to her grandsons. Yet they get nothing. If anything, they will end up being responsible, to bury the man, once he dies. He probably will leave them nothing.

Yeah I could of done without hearing about this afternoon.

12 comments:

  1. I can understand your thoughts and feelings about all of this. It's a sad situation. Hang in there, friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a message today requesting my ex-husband's address because his invitation to our fortieth high school reunion was returned. I gave the address to the organizer, but I hate any thought of him.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, you, too? strange

      Delete
  3. Oh no...this is heartbreaking. Debby...I hope he makes things right with his sons...and with you.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. knowing him as I do, it won't happen.

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry you are going through this. I have an ex very much like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't want to think about him anymore

      Delete
  5. That is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is terrible when a child ends up with a waste of space for a parent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a good daddy when they were babies and toddlers. But once they started school, he just didn't know how to parent.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts