Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tax Fun




Together, the husband and I are a TEAM - We misplace things or forget where we put them - Pretty much, it all files under Forgetful.

Today I was getting ready to go to the gym, and I was looking all over for the water bottle - it was already in my hand. I've done that with my purse before, too.

Husband keeps forgetting where he placed his work ID badge. And his cell phone, and the car keys. The other night, I had to drive to his work, because he locked his keys in the car.

Right now, we are scrambling - we can't find his tax forms - W-2 forms. I have mine  - I remember placing them on his desk. They are not there. I REFUSE to stress about it. I told him, if by the end of this week, we can't find them, we'll file an extension and then contact the state for a replacement. No biggie. He is huffin and puffin all over the place, just making it worse. I say, CHILL, DUDE. No wonder he has to see a cardiologist next month. It's an inconvenience, not the end of the world.

I'm sure we are not the FIRST forgetful Americans, who forgot where we placed our employer w-2's.


5 comments:

  1. I've been there. I'm a huffer and puffer also, but Mrs. C calms me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No huffin and puffin!

      Delete
  2. Throughout the year, I put everything related to taxes in a folder. I do it as soon as I have a receipt or something else I need. You're right, though, it's not the end of the world. Sometimes I can't find my sunglasses because I'm wearing them. I don't know why I don't notice that everything is darker.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time - usually I file them away as to not lose them. We have been doing a lot of work on the house - and the office. So because of that, it has been misplaced or worse - accidentally thrown out. I doubt that, but it is a remote possibility. We won't die...

      Delete
  3. For some reason I didn't get my W2s from my company I work for; first time in 10 years. We did move from last year, but I did inform them of our new address. Thankfully we had a site you can go into and print them out which is what I did. You have a good plan in place to file an extension if you need to.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts