Blogger buddy, Paula from Smidgens, Snippets and Bits, has been doing these Hodgepodges and I decided, I would try it as well. I figure one day, in a blogger week, I'll let someone else, prompt what I shall write. If you are interested in joining in, you go over to From this side of the Pond and answer the prompts and linkup with other bloggers.
Here I go:
1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?
Time flies, the older you get. You blink and whoosh - there goes another month - year. I'm going through a good time in my life, so I have to say, I enjoyed every day, in January and that hasn't happened in years! My Navy son, came for dinner one night and that is always nice. I like to have them over, one on one at least once during the month besides having them all over, together, once a month. It was Navy's turn for his one on one. I find he will tell me things, he wouldn't if his brother, his girlfriend and step-sister was with us. The news from his end, is that he and his girlfriend, I call Sweetie, and his brother, Foodie are moving into a 3 bedroom house together next month. They will share it with another girl, and 3 dogs. It will save them a lot of money each month, plus my son and Sweetie are now in a committed "relationship".
|Laydee loves to protect her Mommy, with LOUD spurts of compulsive barking|
2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life?
I used to love LOUD music but as I have grown older, I cherish the quiet. My husband has to have music on, or talk radio or the TV playing. It actually makes me unproductive, to have artificial sounds like that going on in my space. Fortunately, the husband works from 4pm to midnight so once he leaves, at around 2:30, I am able to enjoy my solitude and blissful silence. Okay, maybe it's not always complete silent as I want - I have a 2 year old black lab who is still a puppy in many ways. She barks at anything, that moves, in the front of our house. I put her in the back yard, she barks. She does this, after her daddy leaves - and until it gets dark. It gets annoying but she's so cute...
3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are- anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead) Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?
My first husband was a alcoholic and I first started attending Al-Anon just after my first son was born - 1977. I have been a faithful "Al-Anon" for almost 40 years - attending 12 step meetings and working the program. Always in Jan, I start reading my Al-Anon books, One Day at a Time, and Courage to Change. I read everyday, before I get out of bed. Keeps me on my toes. I also refresh myself, on each step. Jan was Step 1. February is Step 2.
The word HATE is something I need to void out - of my life.I find, it is harder than I think, especially with everything that is going on, around the world. I want the bad news, I see and hear - to filter through LOVE - that is the ultimate plan. I'm not there yet.
Al-Anon for me, has been my way back to the peace and serenity, I lost when married to the Alcoholic in my life. For me, it takes working my program as to not, go back to my old ways, when dealing with problems. Of course it helps, when you are married to a good guy.
4. What is sacred to you? My marriage and my family. My faith in God. I may not be a Bible-Thumper or a great evangelist but if I was pressed to make a choice - I would NEVER deny my Faith. It is what keeps me rooted.
5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?
When I first saw the word, Oatmeal my first thought was hot oatmeal cereal. I love the way my Mom used to make it - I probably make it the same exact way - but she made it so much better. --- My husband's favorite cookie is Oatmeal Raisin. Some people put oatmeal in their meatloaf. I've done this before. I did not have any Oatmeal last month.
6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?
No feelings - only that I don't see that well during Twilight. Isn't Twilight just a fancy name for Dusk?
7. Something you're looking forward to next month (February)? A free weekend?
Our 15th wedding anniversary is the 16th. See Dumb Regrets
8. Insert your own random thought here.
From Courage to Change, Feb. 3 - Thought for Today: Today I seek serenity, knowing that I am capable, of becoming more fully and more compassionate, myself.