Thursday, February 23, 2017

Rainy day blues


via GIPHY


Hey all - Just been feeling blah lately. Not depressed just getting overwhelmed with all the wet weather we've been having. When the days are sunny, I want to get outside and start working on the yard, but the ground is a soggy mess, still flooded in some areas. Plus, this darn rainy season is not done yet. Even if it stops raining, we're all still prone to flooding due to warmer temps and snow run off from the mountains.

I've been working out - that helps. I've lost 5 lbs so far. That really makes me feel great.

Next week we're going down to the bay area for a memorial of a really good friend of mine, who passed away last Nov. It's been a couple of years since I've been "home." So I'm anxious in some ways and dreading it in others.

Another good friend of mine, around my age, said she has some mass on her liver and yesterday went in for a cat scan. She's scared and I am too. I've lost all my best friends. the last few years. I hope it is not serious. And you know, that is the thing about friends. The best ones, are the ones you have history with. Right now, for me to find new best friends, is impossible. We have no history and we don't click. You gotta be able to click with someone. Sure, you can find many people to be friendly with...but the real deep friendships, that is rare.

Makes me wonder, why so many have passed on, early. Was it the 60's? Living hard, drinking, doing drugs? What happened? Fortunately I cleaned up my act, early while many of my friends kept it up.

My son Foodie - I love that son but he drinks too much. And he's not getting any younger - it's like TIME to grow up and stop all of that. I believe he might take after his father, which saddens me.

Oh well - what can I do? Absolutely nothing but pray. Oh and BTW, I finally found a church I like. So the last 3 weeks, we have gone back to church. It's small but packed. I hope this one works for me. Since 2008 when we moved up here, I have been having a hard time finding what I had in the bay area.

These dark days, has me doing some deep thinking about stuff - some of it is good, some of it is downright morbid.

Oh God, make the rain go away!

10 comments:

  1. I believe sunny weather will be with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat you found a church! Keep going, packed or not! Maybe there will be a building fund drive down the road for a bigger building. But being in fellowship with people you enjoy being around, etc., is a good thing! WTG on the 5 pounds gone; lets keep them gone! California sure has gotten its share of rain lately. Its good, but bad with the mud slides, etc. I hope bright sunny days are ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of sunny California, it's more like Soggy California

      Delete
  3. Rain is good but too much rain not so much, it is sad when friends and those we care about pass away and so often deaths come in threes and you often hope you are not one of the three

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's funny, Jo-Anne but you're right.

      Delete
  4. True, all we can do is pray. I think our son drinks a little too much too. So sorry for the loss of your friend and the illness your other friend is going through. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool picture. My best friend asked me the other day if I was getting sick of all the rain. I told her No, because we didn't have the rain for so long. That's great that you're working out and lost 5 lbs. It's so hard, isn't it? I'm still working at it, but this Greek girl loves good food. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts