Friday, February 24, 2017

Housework and leverage




I've looked at the 10 day forecast and while we do have some days with showers, no big storm is on the horizon, as of today. This will really help my mood. Today I took a long walk on a walking trail near my house. It's a non-profit ranch that opened up their vast property to the community - these beautiful walking trails.No dogs and no bikes. It's also home to many ducks, geese and coots. The state forestry, winters their mountain goats, so you often see them grazing. At first I walk hard - then I have this favorite bench, I sit at for about 15 minutes, by a pond, before I set out again for the final stretch.   It's not warm out though. Mid 50's. But the sun still feels warm on my bones. Next weekend, we're supposed to inch up to the 70's. Now that is Spring!

I admit, when I got back from my power walk, I was tired. I showered and then I sat. The husband is off today so he is putzing around, doing housework -  I heard him mumble something...it sounded like, "lazy ass".  So I asked him what he said...and he dodged it. I kept nagging at him, to say it - finally he said,

"it isn't fair - here I am, working and all you are doing is sitting around." 

I said, "yeah and you called me a lazy ass." 

He admitted it sheepishly and apologized. Actually I thought it was funny that I caught him! I can use that as leverage later. He thinks I am mad. I don't get mad at those kinds of things. He didn't yell it, he said it under his breathe. Heck, I've called him a few under-the-breathe things before too. The difference, is I don't get caught! 

The man drives me nuts. We have different energy surges. Mine are not the same as his. He knows this, after 15 years - at least he should! He thinks, everyone should get up and out and doing what he does, all at the same time. I don't care when it gets done - It will eventually.

After years and years, being a stay-at-home mom in my first marriage and then a single mom, before the husband and I met - I've always kicked butt and got the housework done. I consider myself, semi-retired. The housework, always has to get done - I just don't stress about it like when I was younger. Heck, it's just us two. The man needs to CHILL.




6 comments:

  1. I would have said, "I just passed gas."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - he isn't as quick as he used to be

      Delete
  2. Your walk sounds like it was a good one :) Its hard to "delegate" chores between a married couple. Hubby makes 3 times more than I do (its really pathetic) so when he is making that much more than I do, I figure I should do the stuff around the house so he can relax on the weekends and I work out a schedule where it gets all done and the weekends are still free for us to hang out together without doing housework. There was a period of time (4 years) a few years ago when he had quit his job to help take care of his ailing parents and then it took him a bit to get back into the job market. During that time I was working full time and he was teaching guitar less than 20 hours a week. I figured he should take up the slack and do the housework. He didn't. I went on strike for 4 years. Honestly, I did no housework for 4 years. He did it sporadically. It was a terrible situation in that we were living in his parents' home with all their stuff (crap) while whey were in assisted living. They passed and it still took him 3 years to get back into his field making "good money." I still didn't do any house work. He finally got a job in a different city, we moved to a rental house and within a week I had a schedule of what would get done on what days to keep the house clean. Kept that same schedule when we moved closer to son/family/grandson about a year ago. Hubby is slated to retire about 4 years before me. There will be a "serious" talk about delegation of duties as he prepares to do so :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy. My husband retires in about 6 years. It will be interesting.

      Delete
  3. I think that's great that you are getting out and enjoying nature. It can teach us so much. And how wonderful that you don't get bothered by little remarks any more. It's a sign of wisdom. Your trail sounds nice. I was just at the trail near my house this morning taking pictures and listening to nature's song. Being still is certainly something I admire, and not many people can do it these days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reminded of one of my favorite scriptures: "Be still and know that I am God".

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts