Friday, February 17, 2017

FAST FOOD Friday

Mmm mmm GOOD! 



ATTENTION FOOD POLICE:

I am not advocating the indulgence of fast food/junk food. So get off my back. On the most part, like 90% of the time, I eat a well balanced diet. However, during those years, long ago, when I was young, I made some Fast food / Junk food FRIENDS. I admit, I crave them, once in a while. I may go months without - or a road trip may, be the trigger for me to re-visit.

I have often wondered to myself, when I would open up a can of Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup - Am I the only one, who likes this soup? Come on Now...someone is buying it - It's still on the shelves and it gets re-stocked.

Bean with Bacon Soup, takes me back...to the 60's - to my little red checkered thermos,  my bologna sandwich wrapped in wax paper and an apple. On a cold, rainy day in California, it would taste like "Home." The effort it took my Mom, to open up that can, put it in a saucepan and heat it up on the stove NO MICROWAVE. All this at 7am in the morning. 

So yeah, last night I didn't feel like cooking for one person. I knew I had a can of Bean with Bacon. I ate the whole can. So what about it? Don't tell me, you are without sin. Is it Oreos? Hostess cupcakes? Or are you a Twinkie lover? 

So can we HONEST here? What will you admit to? I promise your secret it safe with me. 


PS. It has to be Campbells.

Starting in March,  (if I remember) the first Friday of every Month, will be FAST FOOD FRIDAY - or Junk Food Friday. It's all the same. STAY TUNED.

9 comments:

  1. I like chicken noodle and beef barley, but since I found out there are 1 billion mgs. of salt. in every spoonful, I only have it sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have low blood pressure so my doctor gives me permission to have a can of campbell's soup when it's hot out and I am feeling faint. Perks me right up.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, I so related to this post because I tried the Campbell's Mexican Tortilla soup the other day, and it was delicious! And Yes, the bean with bacon soup is good too. I'm with you...I eat healthy most of the time, but every now and then I gotta have a cheeseburger haha.

    ~Sheri

    ps I always wanted a red plaid lunch pail and thermos. I even did a post about it one time. But I just had the brown bag and the bologna sandwiches that you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried mexican tortilla soup by Campbell's. I know I love the soup

      Delete
  3. Hubby likes Campbell soup :) I like their cream of mushroom soup when I have a bad cold :) Comfort food because that's what my mom would feed me when I was young and had a cold :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good old comfort food!

      Delete
  4. Yes it has to be Campbell's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I am a representative of the junk food police. This healthy soup looks fine, but we suggest you add french fries.

    :) Bean with bacon soup reminds me of my Dad. He ate it all the time. I haven't thought of it in years, but I am going to get some next time I am at the store. Also, fig newtons. Remember those? May be a 60's thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love fig newtons.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts