Monday, January 02, 2017

Learn from the past, Look to the future but live for today




As I mentioned before, I don't make any resolutions. If I did, that would be my resolution: Learn from the Past, Look to the future but LIVE FOR TODAY. 

I KNOW I need to make some changes. Things come up in the year and I mumble to myself,

"Self, we are going to need to change that."

Then I go about my business. I am not good at ACCOUNTABILITY.   I just do what I need to do, at the moment. It's MY CALL. Okay, so maybe it takes me awhile.

Like, I know I need to exercise more - eat healthy. I've been singing that tune for years now. I will TRY once again. One reason I joined a GYM - last month. To just get this body moving.

So 2017 I will TRY and DO BETTER with the things, only I know about and I refuse to obsess about it or beat myself up if I don't.




10 comments:

  1. Good luck with those new 'plans' you have for 2017

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I "plan"to have fun with them.

      Delete
  2. Good luck. Force yourself to the gym, get a trainer for a few visits. Once it is a habit you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know I will like the gym. It's not my first gym membership. I usually go at it, for a year or so, before I "peter" out. I hope I don't this time around.

      Delete
  3. I think Living For Today, or Staying in the Present is the best way to live life. But, I also find it very hard to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah that is all we can do try and do better and learn to live for today as tomorrow we may be dead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made resolutions for a few years since I would usually break them and feel crushed sooner than later. I'm trying this year to make a lifestyle modification might be the best term for it. I need to do things differently than I did before or the stress, anxiety, worry of life will cause my demise. So I'm intentionally choosing to live a different way. Its a struggle, I got to admit. My default mode is anxiety. I'm trying to change that and so much more. Baby steps, hopefully 1 step forward at times, even though its 2 steps backward the next day. We will do this.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is wise - Living in a state of anxiety is not good, as we get older. I believe it takes years off our lives. I used to worry and stress about everything. I had to make a choice - and it does take some time to get into the groove. You can do it.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts