Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Introverts and the Womens March




No I did not attend. They were being held all over in Northern California - San Francisco, Sacramento, Chico, Eureka - I did not attend, because number one -

I don't do things like that anymore.  I am a Introvert.

We avoid crowds. If we do indulge in huge parties or CROWDS and being with that many people in one day, would lay us up for a month, as we try to regain our serenity.

One time I was shoved and almost trampled by the crowd. I just don't do marches well. I really don't like crowds. As I get older, I'm afraid I might get pushed and fall and break a bone.

It's not like I am shy. I'm not. That many people would exhaust me. No solidarity for me.

I go against the flow - I do my own thing. Those are my mantras. I admit, that it annoys my friends and my family - a character defect? Personality flaw?  Hey, it's me.













11 comments:

  1. I don't like the crowds either, Debby. I always do my shopping early in the morning to avoid the craziness. My nieces went on that Women's March in Sacramento. But then again, they're 30 years younger than me haha.

    Have a restful week.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop early too. I like to take vacations during the off season, too.

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im all for inclusivity except when i am excluded

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with being an introvert. That is how you are or who you are. As long as you are not hurting anyone, not taking any one's property and not breaking relations wanting to not be in a crowd is perfectly fine. I am very outspoken and I don't mind crowds but I do respect some one's right to do what they want to or feel like doing. So don't worry and don't allow any one to make you worry. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Washington. There was one point where I had to get the heck away which was not possible. The crowd spilled all over. I attempted to return to the bus around 2 PM. I got there about 8 PM.

    After wandering about an hour in the wrong bus parking lot, A lot manager came and got the handicapped woman to help her find her bus. With knowing, they would find my bus, I kept my mouth shut. But one reason I think the crowd did not bother me was I was in my own world wandering around. I talked with people. But I was on my own which was a big mistake when I got lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like being lost when I am by myself. Another "crowd" moment was when I ran Bay to Breakers in SF and my husband and I were seperated and I couldn't find him for hours. I was also 5 months pregnant at the time.

      Delete
  6. I don't like crowds either which is why at Christmas time I like to get in and out early, hell I always like to get in and out generally speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny. That's me, EXACTLY. Get in and OUT ASAP

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts