Saturday, January 07, 2017

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - time for a RANT

I don't like to be told what to do, which makes me a lousy follower. It goes against my grain. Maybe it's that 60's thing in me - I prefer to "do my own thing" and you do yours,  
and leave me the hell alone. 








Facebook bugs me - I hate it yet I go on it to keep in touch with family members that live far away. Daily, I tell myself, I am NOT going to comment on something - or I am not going to post. Or I get my panties in a bunch, and I post a snide status. I think they all know about my moods. 



So the big trend I am noticing within my Facebook circle is, all the older ladies who are in their 60's are challenging the rest of us, to post recent picture of ourselves. Before all of this,  I was going to update my profile picture - NOW I'll wait. I always go against the flow.

I've been getting all these silly messages on Facebook- pass it on to someone else and keep it going. GUESS WHAT? I have broken so many chains in my life and I'm still alive to talk about it. I am NOT the person, to send that crap to. It bugs me. 



Why does it bug me? I could just ignore it and move on. I guess it's because I believe it is childish and a waste of time and I can't believe some friends, fall for this.  I mean,  I am not talking about a 20-year-old -  these are 50, 60, 70 year old women.  Come on NOW.



Yesterday I got a message, telling me not to "friend" so-in-so - because they are stealing identities of people. In the first place, I don't just friend anybody and secondly, that is a fake scam. Someone gets a name and profile of someone on Facebook and then, basically slanders them. Its not true and what they are doing, is spreading gossip. I wonder how they would like it, if someone did that to them.  I bang my head against the wall hard, when they say,

"It's true, I saw it on the news today."

YEAH RIGHT.



I don't think we are getting smarter as a society - I believe we are getting DUMBER. And while technology is awesome, the overuse of  it, has made us GULLIBLE, dumb, gossipers,
IDIOTS, Argumentative, combative, naive.  I could go on and on. 

What has happened to us? 






10 comments:

  1. I love a good rant, and it is easy to rant bout Facebook. I love and hate it for the same reasons you say.

    BTW, I hate cancer, but I refuse to re-post it, especially when told they know who will and who won't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I won't repost either. I am a facebook party pooper.

      Delete
  2. That is James Earl Jones, right? Do you know which movie it's from?

    I am not on Facebook. I know...i know...it's like saying I do not breathe oxygen, but I have never joined. I miss out on some things, but that may be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fought it for a long time.

      Yes James Earl Jones, don't know what movie.

      Delete
  3. I "hate" the ones that mention something to do with religion and then "repost it if you agree." I agree with what they are saying, but why do I have to repost it? It won't change my faith or my beliefs and God knows my heart, so why do I have to repost in on Facebook. otherwise I'm not genuine in it. I'm only on Facebook to keep up with family and a few other friends. I could live without it (I think)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If it says repost or share- I do the opposite. And like, God is really going to deny me just because I don't share a post? Not scriptural. :-)

      Delete
  4. Chains are meant to be broken, unless you are on a chain gang then not so much and breaking the chain can get you in more trouble just saying, as to those don't friend so and so things yeah I get them and once and only once have I forward it too others why you wonder well someone annoyed me with it and I had to share that annoyed feeling with others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wouldn't want to break a chain in a chain gang. I'd get beat up.

      Delete
  5. A wonderful rant!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts