Friday, January 13, 2017

Feeling my age


vintage gym equipment



Last 2 days, I have gone to the Gym. I like to go in the mornings, then I feel justified, if I sit around all day. Today I am feeling lazy- My left arm is killing me. I fell 2 times within 3 weeks, a year and a half ago - I hurt my shoulders and damaged the rotator cuff on both shoulders. In the summer, I did water aerobics, which made them feel better but after my gallbladder surgery, I couldn't go back and my shoulders feel like they have froze up on me. Especially my left one. I do the Epsom salt bath, I do some therapy-type exercises for frozen shoulder and while it does seem to make it feel better, it does not last. I just bear with it. Sometimes, it throbs so much in the middle of the night, I have to get up and apply some stinky-balm to it - I smell like a old lady. Surprise surprise,  I am an OLD LADY!
He took me permanently off the anti-inflammatory I had been on for years (gave me an ulcer) and so I am sure, that is why I am feeling the pain more.

While at the gym, I am staying away from weights or any wearing bearing machine that would benefit arms and shoulders, until I get through this. I MAY have to go in to see my Doctor - maybe get a shot for it. I like to see how far I can go, coping with the pain.

I know it's me but I always feel like, when I go into see my Doctor, that he may think I am a hypochondriac. He didn't see me but once a year and now, I go in because of some issue or another. (like my gallbladder, GERD, ulcer etc) So because I was just in there, for my ulcer, I won't go back in, until some time...I'm thinking around March for my shoulder. I'll be 63 in March.

Other than THAT, I feel great. It's just some parts of me are not working as well as they used to, and need some grease.

Oh and while at the GYM I tried this thing, called a Total Body Enhancement. (Whole Body Vibration) You stand upright in what looks like a tanning bed and there are bright lights and it vibrates... ONLY,  I didn't feel any vibrations because I kept it on novice. Freaky! You have to wear eye protection. I honestly do not see what the big deal is - I'll keep doing it and hope that maybe it will make me young again....you think?




8 comments:

  1. I'd check behind your ears. If dry, you might skip the Total Body Enhancement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your doctor would think you are a hypochondriac. I do know they are very sensitive to looking for drug seeking behaviors, which I know you aren't doing. You just have an "aging body" that is starting to feel the effects of it (I'm right behind you, turning 60 this year). Get in sooner and get some help for that which aches in your body.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body ages much faster than our minds, thank God. Imagine, is it were the other way around.

      Delete
  3. The joint trouble is a menace. I hurt my back last year breaking up a dog fight. As a consequence, I am still having trouble with my left knee. I have trouble with naproxen, etc. I guess I'll bake a cake and drown my sorrows in a slice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm allergic to naproxen as well.Causes me to swell and itch. I can only take tylenol.

      Delete
  4. I often wonder when I see a doctor if they think I am a hypochondriac, especially if they can't find a cause for the pain or whatever other issue has taken you to see them, like my tremor no cause just have it, learn to live with it and stress less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should demand to see what they write down in our medical records. On second thought, I don't know if I want to know.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts