Friday, January 27, 2017

Dumb regrets


The husband and I doing Vintage


January sure is going by fast - Next month, on the 16th is our wedding anniversary. We'll be married 15 years and yes, it is a second marriage for both of us.

If I combined my first marriage of 24 years and these last 15, I have spent a total of 39 years in a marriage. My first marriage, I was young, and the ex was my HS sweetheart. I was 15 and he was 18. Boy, if I had it to do OVER again...

I'm pleased to say, that #2 is still growing strong and we hope this is our last.  We've had our tough times, like when my first born son died, in 2003 - We had only been married 1 year. I totally shut down and gave up. When all the adult kids came back home to live, due to losing jobs - that was hard on our marriage but we got through it.  This one is a keeper. He also pisses me off at times, and doesn't load the dishwasher the way I like and I know I do some things that send him through the roof!  All in all,  I think we'll make it, till one of us gives up the ghost.

So, we've been talking about what to do, and where to go. He likes to get away on our anniversary - The only problem with that, is our anniversary date is the 16th - and it's always expensive due to Valentines Day and President's weekend. Prices go way up and stay up. We either, have to do it NOW or wait till March, which we have done before.

Yeah, I don't have many regrets in life, but choosing the 16th of February was just dumb.

13 comments:

  1. I have had to learn how to correctly load a dishwasher 3 times now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "doesn't load the dishwasher the way I like"

    A good problem to have, considering all the other problems that are out there! :)

    It is good to hear the good stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does drive me nuts though

      Delete
  3. LOL! I think everyone should get a chance to marry a second time. Just because it seems we are wiser the second time around!! Hope you get to go someplace exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it won't be exciting...it's already the 2nd and we haven't made any plans yet

      Delete
  4. Glad you found someone that will go the distance, so to speak! We got married in October around Columbus Day, not that it makes that much of a difference. We've celebrated on the exact day, a week later, a month later, whatever. We just made it a point to celebrate. We'll be celebrating 37 years come October :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are celebrating our 40th anniversary in March this year! I was only 20 when we got married and if I could do it over again, I still would have married the same man just a few years later so we could grow up some! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good to hear! Congratulations

      Delete
  6. Being married is wonderful if you are married to the right person that thankfully I am but some people take a couple of times to get it right

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Glad you found the right one.

      Delete
  7. Oh, this vintage picture of you and husband is so cute. I once took one with my best friend looking like saloon girls hahaha.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts