Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas stuff

I woke up this morning, feeling meh. Not sick- just off. It's a darkish, dreary day so I have the lights on and my eyes are bothered by the light. That for me, is the beginning of a migraine. I am fortunate to not have a full blown migraine. I just get the squiggly lines and sensitive to light or moving objects, like my neighbors blinking Christmas display.

Oh well. This too, shall pass.

I also am cold - and both shoulders hurt. Just arthritis. It comes and goes. I never had problems with my shoulders until this year. Next year, I'll hurt somewhere else new. Can't wait.



still have some painting to do, the trim and doors - it can wait till after the holidays.


My new new washer and dryer was delivered yesterday and I happily did laundry all day. Now I am looking for more things to wash. I think I will wash my bed pillows.  - I am so appreciative, to be able to have a WORKING washer and dryer, and that is more important than just owning one. I would of been perfectly happy with the old pair I had. My husband is the one who wanted a side loaders and He was the one who wanted them stacked. Now I need a little step stool to see the controls at the top of the dryer. No biggie - just saying. I will say, my laundry feels squeaky clean so I guess my old one wasn't doing a very good job. I am enjoying doing my laundry, once again.

I have a few more Christmas decorating to do - I am really trying to keep it small. You know, "LESS IS MORE".  But then I find something, and feel "THAT needs to be displayed, and that...so on and so forth." Every Christmas I try to scale things down. After Christmas last year, I got rid of a lot. Then this year, I am looking for something, and remember, "Oh yeah...I gave that one away."  I will live.
It's just stuff.

I bought some gifts last year in January and need to get them out and wrap them. There has been a few years, where I couldn't find them. This year, I was careful - just need to wrap and place under the tree. I believe I have 2 - 3 more gifts to purchase.

I'm not doing a BIG Christmas dinner this year. My husband and I are going to the VA Home, to give gifts to the Veterans, Christmas morning. Probably just stay there and have lunch later - come home, take a nap and then husband will go to work. and I'll have a peaceful, quiet evening to myself.

Christmas Eve is the BIGGIE for us. The whole family. I might make Pork Carnitas.  It's almost a week away. I better get crackin...












12 comments:

  1. Pork camitas! Do you share your recipe?

    A week away...hold on...a week?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My secret? I googled it and haven't decided which one I will use. Pretty easy though- I will put it in the crock pot. Then you have to either fry it (afterwards) or place oven and under broiler for it to make, crispy ends. There is a lot of good recipes out there.

      Delete
  2. Arthritis, which comes and goes. I hear you. Except that it stayed in my left knee, last month. Got an Rx of Prednisone, which eliminates inflammation in body, and have been sugar free for a couple of weeks. Walking again, without cane! (Sugar=Inflammation)

    Our washer and dryer are stacked, too. In not long, you will "know" the top settings, and not need a step stool. :-)))

    Same here, with excess decorations. Eliminated. Have just enough. Easy to bring down, and pack up and put away. Wisdom!!!!! :-)

    A wonderful Christmas Day you have planned. Doing for others. And you will have had the big family Christmas Eve, on the 24th. Get going on prep!!! :-))))

    Wishing you sparkles, and twinkly lights, and a warm cup of cocoa,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luna. I'll take you up on that cup of hot cocoa! Yum!

      Delete
  3. Christmas Eve sounds like a good time at your house! Love the looks of the stacked washed and dryer. I can imagine how much fun you had!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope to haul in that dresser/bookcase sometime this weekend. And maybe hang my pictures, if they look right.

      Delete
  4. I'm all too familiar with the sensitivity to light and the squiggly lines that announce the upcoming migraine. If your husband wanted the appliances stacked, then shouldn't he do the laundry? tee-hee

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah really, only I LOVE doing laundry. I love the way everything smells so nice and while it is a thankless job that no one notices - I always do. I love the smell and feel of clean sheets. Yep I'm having fun.

      Delete
    2. I insist on doing certain things myself, no matter who is in the house. I do the laundry because certain other people overload the washing machine. I'm also the only who can load the dishwasher and get the most out of the space.

      Delete
    3. LOL, I am the same way. Some call that, "Control" but I do it anyway.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it neat the simple little things like a washer and dryer can make us so content and feel good? Though I got to say, visiting the laundromat is great for people watching :) Pork carnitas sound delicious!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhhh you're not kidding about the people watching. I will have to share the last time I went. Oh my.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts