Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Bells




We woke up yesterday morning, not to Christmas Bells but to ANTS!!! In the hall bathroom! Boy we have had our share of ants this year. We've seen a lot of rain, so far and after many years of drought, they are being flooded out. I find ants to be fascinating, just don't want them in my house.







I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas, however way you celebrate it. We had a nice time - Only Jeanne didn't make it -  relapse of previous pneumonia.  She was just checked out of the hospital on Monday. I did see her this morning, when we went to help hand out gifts to the Veterans. She was still very tired. Bless her heart.


Laydee




new pillow for lounging, a tricky bowl for eating and some peanut butter for dogs


I always forget to take pictures of the family. I get so involved with the festivities -  I did this at Thanksgiving too. I need to tie a red ribbon on my finger next year.  I did get pictures of the dog, after wards - and the tree and decorations before, because no one is here. 


All the food came out great -and even after I sent the kids home with food, we still have leftovers! (I love leftovers) 

All in all, it was good. I am always happy when it is over. That BIG push, after Thanksgiving is fun but gets a bit too much and I always try not to get caught in it. Because I felt so good this Christmas, I did more than, I usually do.  I woke up with one finger swollen, red and it was stiff. Sweetie said it was arthritis and sure enough when I woke up this morning, my whole hand was swollen and stiff. And here I was, to help the veterans open their presents. I could barely untie a bow!  That was a FIRST. As the day wore on, so did the swelling and stiffness. 

The carpet comes on Friday, the 30th. We have to paint the master bedroom. I am NOT looking forward to this but I am determined to not flake out - like I have done in the past. It will get done! 

Okay, whose ready to get this year over with? 




12 comments:

  1. My wife freaks out over tiny ants we get from time to time. We only get them in the summer so I spray a lot outside the foundation...helps a little. My mom used to call them sugar ants and if there were just a few, she would calmly squish them and say, they don't eat much or hurt anyone. One or two I don't mind, in bunches, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're going to have to start spraying more often. I am not that bothered by ants, only when they infest the counter or dog bowl.

      Delete
  2. Your tree is very pretty. I'm glad Christmas was grand. Laydee looks a bit worried. You got that dangerous camera pointed at her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she acted like I was punishing her, which we never do. Silly dog

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, ants! Everyone's worse nightmare! The gift that keeps on giving! I love leftovers! Always great to have them around for a day or two!

    I'm so ready for 2017. The end half of 2016 was (is) very hard to deal with; I can only hope some resolution of things happen in 2017. I'm too old to deal with the stress and anxiety I seem to be carrying these days.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress and anxiety is not good Betty. I hope 2017 is better for you, too.

      Delete
  4. Only a few more days left of this year and yeah I am ready for 2017, it will be another awesome year but hopefully not so many deaths in it as we had this year 3 family members passing are 3 too many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry. With my FIL at age 90, we are grateful for every year he is with us. Every Christmas, we think, it could be his last.

      Delete
  5. I love leftovers too. That is one of the reasons I like to host holiday dinners!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts