Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016 continues to hit hard


Shasta County resident Merle Haggard died April 6, 2016. 


I feel sad - just heard about Carrie Fisher. The young people on social media are commenting,

 "something is in the air"

because 2016 lost so many and how 2017, has to be better.

How naive! WHO are these snowflakes????

I'll tell you what is in the air - it's called LIFE, old age and abusing-your-body-when-you-were- young-and-you-die-early.


Prince, Alan Thicke and Patty Duke, Florence Henderson, Gene Wilder, Doris Roberts, Abe Vigoda, Garry Shandling, and Merle Haggard are the ones that really bothered me this past year. Merle was a Shasta County resident - where I live.

We are going to be seeing more of this - I hate to sound cold; I don't mean to be. It's just a fact of life. We all die. No one is immune.

I don't know if any of you think of this, but it makes me think about my health - My own mortality. I will be 63 and "the plan" is to make it to at least 80.

You just never know....








12 comments:

  1. Yes, we lose many every year, this year no different than any others. 80 sounds pretty good to me...I may reconsider that in a few years...I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how 60 used to sound so old - heck, I'm just getting started.

      Delete
  2. 80 sounds good. If we make it there, let's go for 90. You have described 2016 to a T. I hate the end of yearend who has passed retrospectives on television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My FIL is 90 and he is still going strong.

      Delete
  3. Hah! I thought the same thing this morning when the newspaper was lusting all the celebrities who died this year. Geez. We all due at sdome point in time and unless you are young, what's so newsworthy it bears repeating? Thanks for saying what I've been thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, who needs to drown in all that sadness - it happens. I feel bad but it is what it is.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I hate it when there are misspelled words. List not lust and die not due...

      Delete
  4. I agree with you Debby! And most of these stars were 'hard-living- which doesn't help you live to the ripe old age of 90-something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - Carrie was an admitted drug addict for years, during the filming of the 3rd Star Wars. I could tell in some of her interviews, she had labored breathing. That's not good.

      Delete
  5. Its because we are getting older that the "icons" of our age are now passing on. But George Michael (not really a fan) and Carrie Fisher (enjoyed her movies) hit a bit hard since he is 6 years younger than me and she 1 year older than me. No one of us gets out of this alive. We are "doomed" to die the minute we are born. A good friend from my youth her mother would say "the end of the year makes a clean sweep" (i.e., number of deaths. Looking at who we lost this past week alone, there is some validity to her statement).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked a couple of George Michael'songs but I wasn't a fan.

      The year is not over yet...

      Delete
  6. People live, people die, the deaths of 2016 that hit home with me were Uncle Ronnie, my brother in-law and mostly my nan who I loved so much

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts