Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving at my house

Laydee waiting for the kids to arrive



I had so much fun, entertaining the young people - My 2 sons, my step-daughter and Navy's girlfriend I will call, Sweetie.

She is so cute and I like her a lot. Just an all around sweet young lady. Of course, I have to just let things happen, if they are going to happen. Right?

The dinner was, in my opinion, not my best effort - but my guests liked everything.

Everything was edible and obviously not noticed, but THE COOK ALWAYS KNOWS:

1. My mashed potatoes were not as fluffy as I like
2. I overcooked the vegetables and had to throw them out and cook more.
3. I overcooked the stuffing in the Crock Pot.
4. My gravy did not turn out so I had to go to plan B. (use Trader Joes turkey gravy)
5. I didn't bake the pumpkin pie long enough.
6. Forgot to take out the frozen yeast rolls so had to go to plan B (Pillsbury crescent rolls)
7. My sweet potatoes were mushy.

Other than all of the above - I had a blast!

Laydee chilling...



6 comments:

  1. We are always hardest on ourselves, aren't we? Hope there is success with the girlfriend. It is good that you like her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want my son to be happy and find the right person. Yes, it sure does help when you like the girlfriend.

      Delete
  2. That was a lot of cooking you did. We do tend to criticize ourselves more. Sometimes it all works. But I have had meals with extended family and the food was meh. I had a sister in law who would bring food and get huffy when we didn't let her take what we had prepared off the stove and out of the oven for her food to be cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, my rule would be, if you bring a casserole or something that needs to be cooked, then they would have to bring it already done. My oven at Thaksgiving is already too packed with food that I am keeping warm till dinner.

      I don't like to cook like I used to.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't it suck when things don't go as planned and vegies are overcooked or undercooked and not fluffy enough sometimes we are preparing a meal where everything goes wrong

    ReplyDelete
  4. The end result was good; you had a blast :) That's all that matters and all you will probably remember about this particular Thanksgiving in a few years!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts