Monday, November 14, 2016

Richard Gere Fake Facebook Page

Oct 2015


I'm at it again.

Yesterday, I saw in my feed, my cousin, "liked" Richard Geres facebook page. It just so happened, that the other night I watched Bee Season. My husband had never seen it and loved it. So I looked over his page and saw some strange posts.

I reported it to Facebook. I tried to tell others, but they got all mad at me.

So be, scammed. I tried to tell them.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/oldpeoplefacebook/comments/3oba35/old_guy_richard_gere_im_new_to_facebook_follow_me/





6 comments:

  1. I've seen those fake posts, and wondered who takes the time to put that stuff out there. Someone needing lots of attention is my guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some may need attention and others just get off, putting stuff out there and watching it go viral

      Delete
  2. Facebook has a huge problem with fraud. I was surprised Zuckerberg said they try to stop fake news. There is a woman who I did not unfriend, I elected to no longer receive notifications of her posts who must have posted 50 to 100 political fake news stories a day. Add to that a cousin of mine and a woman I went to church with as a child. It was crazy until I elected no notifications from the three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know - It got to the point, during this election, where I was deleting, hiding and blocking those fake news pages. I kept trying to tell my friends who kept sharing those bogus pages, but people, want to believe what they want to believe.

      Delete
  3. Yeah these fake posts can look so real, I don't get the point of them but I am a normal person so that is to be expected

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I'm pretty normal too. Hmmmm, is that a good thing?

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts