Friday, November 04, 2016

November

Good News Rescue Mission serving up a tasty Thanksgiving meal



Once it turns into November, we seem to get into an express lane, straight to Christmas. It goes by FAST. I used to get all stressed out but I don't anymore. Things will either get done, or they won't. I refuse to stress about it.

Both Navy and Foodie work in service oriented jobs, where they work holidays. Foodie works as a Dietitian assistant at the nursing home. He especially loves being there on the holidays - to be with all his extended grandma's and grandpas. Many are so sad, they cry. So he always cheers them up. Navy, too, works a day shift at the CalVet veterans home - They both will work that day, and we'll have an evening meal. Char will be coming too.

Seems, this year, the husband is choosing to work on it, rather than take it off and he didn't run this by me and I just assumed, it would be like all the others.
He works at the CalVet Veterans home and he works 4pm to midnight, Sunday through Thursday. The reason he decided not to take it off, was the other 2 people he works with, had plans, that he felt were more important, One has a young family and a new baby. The other, she is cooking food for the poor. So, his decision was honorable.

I will be saving him a plate of food. I might even, drive over and drop it off for him. I will go ahead and cook - and it will be just me and the adult kids. That will be nice.

On Thanksgiving we, as a family, draw names for our traditional secret Santa. We started that, a long time ago, when some of them were out of work. It's the funniest part of Christmas for me.

I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.




6 comments:

  1. It sounds lie a good Thanksgiving. It's great when everyone can get together. But living with what is important is even better. For years, my family accidentally got together on Martin Luther King day. When we first had the day off, we independently decided we ought to visit our parents. It was cool. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that. Families that actually take the time for be with each other.

      Delete
  2. I am making my Thanksgiving plans now too! Hopefully no one will work this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works out for you

      Delete
  3. Yes I know the last 6 weeks till Christmas seem to go by so fast, and I think those who work with the aged and veterans are amazing people, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I do too. Thanks

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts