Tuesday, November 29, 2016

My washing machine died a natural death



I usually keep things so long - they die a natural death. I also procrastinate. I knew we were going to purchase a new washer and dryer - and I had to get it done before the end of Nov for the sale, but I waited. At least the dryer still works.

So Thanksgiving Day, I am doing laundry (I ALWAYS do laundry) I always say, we're either the dirtiest people or the cleanest! ANYWAY, I noticed my washer would not spin and drain the water out - I had all these blankets sitting in water. I tried to balance it -nothing. I figure, after 20+ years, she was ready to go.

So I knew, what I would be doing on Black Friday. I NEVER show myself at any store on Black Friday. I also knew, that I had to go to the Laundromat to finish my wash. So the husband and I braved the masses - and bought a washer and dryer at Home Depot. Actually, it wasn't bad at all. While we were there, we also set up a carpet measurement appointment and made our selection. That will take a couple of months for the carpet - which is great. Now I can clean my living room carpet for the last time, before I put up the tree. I can also paint the master bedroom and not be rushed!

So the new washer and dryer will be delivered in 3 weeks or so. That worked out for us too - we have to lay down the new flooring and paint work on the laundry room.

So it is all working out.

EXCEPT...having to go to the laundromat- Honestly, that isn't that bad either. No one was there and I could spit out, 4 huge loads of clothes and have them done all at the same time. Took them home to dry since the dryer still works.

Ah, life is good.


6 comments:

  1. It's always nice to hear that life is good. My washer gave up last year, and it wasn't that old. It had something wrong with it when we bought it, but X wouldn't let me call for a repair. Now I have a basic Maytag, which is perfect.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a Maytag too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, seems a long time before delivery happens! But honestly, I loved when we didn't have a washer/dryer. Going to the laundry mat was a wonderful place to people watch! It amazed me how many loads an individual or family could do (and I was busy calculating the cost of it all).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NormallyI would be impatient - but it gives us time.

      Delete
  4. I think there are big pluses to going to the laundry. Except for the convenience of doing it at home. I have a Maytag that is pretty new. Except for the first three months of hell after purchasing it and getting a new 'motherboard' 3 times it hasn't given me a bit of trouble. I've now owned it 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait...Maytag? Motherboard? on a washing machine? I read several reviews on the new washers and sounds like that is a common problem. I would of been perfectly happy with just a regular washer and dryer but my husband wanted them to stack. Washers should last at least 15years. All mine have.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts