Sunday, November 06, 2016

election stress




I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but when my gall bladder was diagnosed, I was also told I had a peptic ulcer. So this election has bothered me in more ways than just the two that are running. I used to worry about everything - and having had a very stressful life, it was just what I did. After I turned 60, my goal was to calm down and not to worry. It's working except for this election. It's not that I am worried - whatever happens, will happen. I'm just anxious to get it over with. It's hurting my belly!

I've had to turn off the news, hide things on Facebook - and pretty much make myself, live in La La Land. Well, not exactly, but I just can't spend the time mulling over all of this, as I used to, in the past.

You know, it's just not worth it to me, to live in pain.

I notice, however how much more, I see people worry and stress over things. I am finally able to see how I used to be.

My gauge is, if no body in my family is ill or has died - everything else I can live through.

The worst for me, in my life, was losing my son. Nothing else compares. Sure, it took me nearly 12 years to get over it but I am good to go now. It took, me having to protect myself from emotional triggers and a overactive thinking process. I stay away from anything that makes me sad - because I hate crying. And I try not to over think things now.

I'm better at staying away from emotional triggers, than over-thinking. But I've done good, this election cycle.

So there will be some anxious moments for the next couple of days - maybe a couple of weeks till the election is finalized.


2 comments:

  1. You are a wise woman. I have been following a lot of posting on Facebook in a surreal way. It's the same people and I think, why are you so obsessed with this? I care about the election. But my reality has more to do with the people in my house.

    There is a lot of sadness in the world but losing a child is one of the greatest. I am sorry about the loss of your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figure, our founding fathers put into place, checks and balances to protect our union. We'll be fine...no matter who wins. We may not always agree but we'll still be a great nation.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts