Friday, October 28, 2016

Rain

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




California has been enjoying some good rain. After a dry summer, these first rains of the season, tend to flood my backyard. I am currently surrounded by water on all 3 sides! My patio is a peninsula!

When I was 5 years old, I was attending a San Francisco public kindergarten. The teacher, asked, "Who has never been on a peninsula?"  Heck, I was 5 years old - my Mom never told me we lived on a peninsula, so I raised my hand.

I was the only one.

My classmates snickered.

It was then, I learned how San Francisco is on a peninsula, surrounded by water on all 3 sides. I've lived on the ocean side and the bay side.

I lived on that peninsula - staying until 2008 when we moved further north to the REAL Northern California. Now the only peninsula I see, is my patio.

Just thought of all that when I took my dog Laydee out for a pee. Hmmmm

Which reminds me, Navy and his girlfriend are staying the weekend on the Peninsula - Going to a Sharks game tonight in San Jose.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when I'm the only one who doesn't know something. It happens a lot so I hate it frequently. Congratulations on the rain.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain in California is always a good thing!! I hope it continues to rain "on your parade."

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain is good. We are in a drought now and sooner or later the rains will come.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts