Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I don't remember...




This circus of an election are in the final days. I can't say, I will miss all the hoopla and carnival-types of events and news coverage. What a JOKE.

I don't remember ever, an election being so divisive, even within a family...even within a husband and a wife. I don't remember people being so dumb - I don't remember the news media, being so partisan. I don't remember when candidates were so flawed. I don't remember when character, really doesn't count and I don't remember myself being so undecided, at this stage of the game. 

I have mentioned before, that I am not a Hillary fan, so she is out of the question. I just can't stand her and it's been that way for years. I've followed her, read up on her - no one can change my mind. My dilemma is:

Do I vote 3rd party?
Do I write in a candidate I like?
Do I leave it blank?

I also can't vote for Trump. I am a rape survivor. I was 6 years old and I was gang raped by 4 construction workers. It took me YEARS to work through, all of that, with what I could remember because I did block out,  a lot of it. When I heard Trump say what he said, it flashed me back, to the actual rape.  Up till that video, I hadn't thought about it in years. 

It has hurt me, that some, who knew my past - kept trying to justify why they thought I should vote for Trump. Like I was to just forget how I felt when I heard him say what he said? Yeah, my feelings shouldn't determine my vote. WELL, I don't always go by my feelings but I can't shake these.

Same as with Hillary and Bill. I can't stand Bill. Sure he isn't running. But he will be in the White House and he is a dirty old man. I don't want to have to hear about him - it all makes me sick. 

Character doesn't count anymore. Would you let your beautiful teenage daughter be alone in a room, with Trump or Bill? Could you trust that Hillary wouldn't try and cover up, that he did something to your daughter?

I also hate when sexual assault becomes partisan. Bill's rape and sexual allegations are okay with the people voting for Hillary. They just give them both a pass. Same with Trump. The people just give him a pass. 

Yes I know what is at stake. So, I have to lower myself, to vote for what is at stake? I have to renege on my own integrity?

Terrible, terrible election. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about this being a terrible election. Its too bad we can't have a do over. I'm sorry about your terrible experience when you were 6 years old. I hope those despicable people had long prison sentences.

    It is a dilemma on who to vote for. I think a lot of people are going to choose not to vote. It is going to be an interesting time after the election no matter who gets voted in.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean, some will not vote by not showing up - I can't do that. I will show up and vote for other things. We have some important state issues to vote on, and local city council. I hope I have it all settled, what I will do - so I don't just stand there, trying to still decide. It is crazy.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts