Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What I won't miss, when summer temps have dropped?







Well, it's been HOT. Looking at the long range weather, it does look like we will be getting some Fall or cooler like weather starting tomorrow. Yesterday we were at 100, and each day we will be dropping until we get to the 70's by Saturday and HOPEFULLY, our 90-100 degrees will be behind us. (for a while)

I am also looking forward to Fall-like meals, that I don't cook in the summer. Like casseroles and stews...soups and baking.

What I won't miss when summer temps have dropped? 

Obviously I won't miss the extreme HEAT.

I won't miss having to do errands early, before the heat of the day

I won't miss, getting into a scalding HOT Car.

I won't miss my clothing - They are ragged and thin and I am just sick of them and they need to just go.

I won't miss the bugs - sometimes we get these annoying little bugs that swarm and when they get inside your house, they fly into you. We didn't have them, this summer as much as we did last summer. The flies want to come inside, where it is nice and cool, so every time you go out the door, a few come in, with you. I hate that. I do not like flies in my house. I won't miss, hunting them with a fly swatter! Okay, we still have flies in the winter, but not as much.

Farmers Almanac says we are going to be wet and balmy for the winter. But weather.com says, we will continue to be warmer than usual and dry. So more drought.

I really do PRAY for RAIN!  We need it. We'll have better summers, when we follow a good healthy, rainy season.











6 comments:

  1. It's unusually dry here. During the last couple of weeks we've dropped to about ninety to ninety-five during the day. It makes a difference along with lower humidity. Franklin and I actually went for a walk this evening. I look forward to our version of winter.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what it is, Our version of winter. Once someone asked me, if our trees in California turn...yes if they are decidious trees they do and depending on where you are at - California is geographically diverse. I have a cousin that lives on a horse ranch in Florida. She says winter is the best time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is the reason to live here.

      Delete
  3. I'm just thankful it cooled down here a bit and the air conditioner is not running 24/7 :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I'm glad its cooling down here. Our air conditioning actually doesn't run 24/7 any more and goes sometimes for hours without turning itself on (usually at night). I tolerated the heat, maybe even got used to it, but by end of August, I was ready for a little relief (which came mid September). The good news is in February it will be pleasant here while the majority of the country will be freezing. So that is something to look forward to.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never know, what February holds for us here in northern California. Depends so much on what kind of rain we get.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts