Wednesday, September 07, 2016

UPDATE



Gosh it's been such a while since I last posted. Here are some things that have happened:

1. August 1 - SURGERY to remove my diseased gallbladder. My first ever surgery, other than oral surgery as a teenager. Apparently the pathology report, said it was bad news. It just about crumbled, when he pulled it out. Almost had to have the full cut. Recovery went well. A week later, we went on a little vacation to the Sierra's. Stayed in a cabin, just the husband and I, and we had so much fun.

2. We're STILL working on the house. I guess we really neglected the old homestead, while the adult kids were here. We still have painting down the hallway, 2 more bedrooms, master bath and the laundry room. I don't know if I mentioned, we also replaced our disgusting bathtub. Now I can take a bath in a clean and new tub. Although, it is still too hot for baths!

3. My son Navy, seems to have a girlfriend. I haven't met her yet - don't think it's that serious. Just a girl he dates. We'll see...

Gee, that's all there is, I guess. So...am I ever coming back to blog daily??? I am sure I will, as soon as we get done with this house. I'm hoping by Nov 1, we'll be done with all the major painting and I can get back into my old swing. I do miss it, and I do think of it several times in the week. But sometimes you need to take some breaks. This has been my break.


5 comments:

  1. My husband and daughter both had their gallbladders out. He hasn't had any problems. She takes bile salts due to constipation. Glad you recovered well.
    I haven't done too well keeping up with things either.
    Doing remodels of any kind seems to take awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and once you get into the routine of not posting, it becomes harder to break. I hope all is well.

      Delete
  2. Thinking you did a good recovery from your surgery. I bet the away time with your husband was enjoyable, especially in a cabin. What a great place to recuperate at! There always seems to be projects to do around the house, doesn't there?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always having home projects, is getting OLD to me, right now. We're almost to the finish line...

      Delete
  3. It seems like no matter how hard you work, there is always something to fix in your home. I'm glad you have gotten over the surgery. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts