Thursday, September 08, 2016

Hang in there




I have lived for so long, in depression, grief or just day-to-day saddness,  as well as hard money times, and family conflicts,  that it started to appear, that I could never have a peaceful life with few worries. So it bothers me, that as I write this, so many blogger friends are going through hard times. I don't need the details - I can "hear it" in their posts. I've been there all too often. I wish I could help you through it -

I feel quilty - because for the first time in many years, we are happy and doing well. I'm old enough to understand, that it doesn't last forever. The trick is when the other shoe falls, we don't lose our footing. Don't give up - keep taking,  one step at a time. Lets face it - we're all getting older and we're in that "age-group" where our health and money will be future issues for all of us. Unless of course we hit the lottery and find the fountain of youth. (wouldn't that be nice?)




I belong to a Facebook group that Memorializes those from my high school. I was looking over the list and it bummed me out. I had to add my sister to it and that saddened me, since many did not know. It was surreal, looking over the names of kids, I used to know. Some I liked, and some I did not. What happened?

Today, is the 1 year, anniversary of my sister's death. She died at age 56. I miss her. Being the older sister, by 5 years, I did not ever expect, I would outlive my baby sister. No way! I'm the LAST of my birth family. That really can do a number on you - if I dwell on it. Okay so, Just for Today, I choose to think upon it all - just so I can appreciate the gift, God has given to me on this day. LIFE. It's up to me, to make the most of it, and enjoy it. It truly is a gift.


4 comments:

  1. I'm your age. Some of it is grieving the loss of people. But some is also knowing our mortality. There is no given you won't have quite a few golden years and the good times continue. So enjoy your good fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sister. I lost my husband two years ago. The grief has almost paralyzed me but I am starting to crawl out. I agree about the blogging world. I think it is because we are all so much able to share with each other. Sending you a virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wise needed words for today. So sorry about your sister; I can't believe its been a year already.

    Life goes up and down doesn't it? A few months ago all was well with me and another blogging friend was having problems, now its reverse. Some wisely said "appreciate the good times" and "know the hard times don't last forever."

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about your sister. My husband and I always reference a scene in the movie Parenthood where the grandmother talks about life being a roller coaster, up and down but what a thrill. That's pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts