Monday, June 20, 2016

UPDATE: I've been sick




It's been a rough couple of weeks and I have been too weak to post. Still feel weak and sleepy. In a nutshell, I went to emergency last week due to stomach and back pain. Turns out I have a gallbladder full of gallstones that need to go. Meanwhile, I am on a BRAT diet and I don't get in to see the surgeon till July 14. Surgery should be sometime after that.

I'm taking in anywhere from 400-800 calories a day, so I've lost some weight.

While I have been sick, we have replaced our roof, finally. Dumb luck as it is, it rained before they were done, and we had some water spots on our ceiling. The company will take care of it but it's been crazy.  Pounding on the roof, while I am in the house in pain, trying to sleep. Actually, I've slept pretty good in spite of it all. They gave me pain killers, Norco but they don't work. So why bother. Tomorrow I will see about medical marijuana for the pain.


6 comments:

  1. Weight loss is good. Weight loss due to gall bladder bad.

    Not to wish our lives away; but, I hope July 14 comes quick for you or someone cancels and you get to go early. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! The marijuana should help a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're ill. I had a gallbladder infection years ago. It was quite painful. I'm getting a new roof soon, too.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being sick is not nice, I hope you are feeling much better now, if only the weight we lose when sick as would stay off and not come back in a blink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your title and thought, "me too!" but no. I'm recovering from some kind of Strep/Bronchitis/Pneumonia mutant illness. Nothing nearly as painful or debilitating as what you have.
    Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts