Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Unfortunately the A-Z was stalled.



It was UGLY last week. Between, my step daughter Char,  my father-in-law who is almost 90 and taking in estimates for our renovations, time got way ahead of me. I kept believing, that in the evening I would be able to settle down and post - well that didn't happen. Oh I settled down alright - right in the sofa and I didn't want to USE my brain.

Grandpa, had some needs that took some time, but had to be done. He also is having to take a driving test so he can use his motorized wheelchair. He passed the inside test and we're waiting for the outside test. I don't know why it takes them so long - well yes I do. Anytime you are working with a bureaucracy such as the State of California (Cal Vet) it has to pass through so many channels. If it was a private home,  he would already be tooling around. We finally were able to get him that special phone due to of hearing impairment. Then having to fight with AT&T to get it working without static. So annoying. Bought him some new shirts and took him out for lunch.

Char had cockroaches in her apartment - had a new landline installed and was accepted at a Art Workshop for the developmentally disabled.

Then in between all of that, we scheduled the roofers for June, ordered the stove and microwave, and scheduled for the new windows-install for 3 weeks. We are trying to knock the big stuff out so we can still enjoy the summer. There was more stuff, but I think I blocked it all out.

And to think, I was going to post about trying to find a umbrella stand. They're so hard to find - The husband tends to just pile the umbrellas or stand them up against the bookcase when he comes in. Another day, another post...





3 comments:

  1. The challenge is over, but I'm checking around to all the blogs I found.
    Glad you're back! Take it easy and enjoy the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where to find an umbrella stand. Ebay? Make him put the umbrella in a plastic bag? But then it wouldn't dry. A driving test for a motorized wheelchair amuses me. I'm not sure why.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell one thing after another, yeah it is life but I get why at the end of the day you want to put the brain in neutral and do nothing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts