Monday, April 04, 2016

My Rural California Comfort

Sunset on Whiskeytown Lake



Having lived all my life, in a urban area, I have grown to love this rural part of California that I now call home. I've been living in this semi-rural town, going on 8 years and I still feel like I am on vacation, when I just drive around. I get this excitement and sense of adventure when I look up to the snow capped mountains that surround us, on all 3 sides, like a horseshoe. The beautiful lakes, the Sacramento river, waterfalls, lava beds and volcanoes - it's no wonder I feel like I'm on vacation.   And to think I grew up living about 2 miles from the pacific ocean! I never thought I could love it here.

Comfort has always been important to me,  where I live and how I live. When I lived in the fast paced,  Silicon Valley, I couldn't help but get "caught up" in it all. It was getting to the point, where I felt I had to dress a certain way, just to go to Safeway! There was no comfort there. It never used to be like that. We started to look for a way OUT.

It seems to be a slower pace of life - in rural California. When I do drive down to the bay area, I get stressed out. Everyone is in a major rush, pretending they are enjoying their pretenscious life. Traffic, even the gas prices are higher! I enjoy it to a point but when its time to go, and we get to that first sign of "comfort" and I know I made the right decision to call this place Home.

Sure, there are some things that I am not fond of - mainly because I was spoiled. So when I want to go to a Museum, or some event, it's a 4 hour drive.


4 comments:

  1. Tim always says he would like to live in the country I wouldn't mind it if I had all my family around me and good shops and such but honestly I don't think Tim would like it as much as he thinks he will he likes being close to shops and family just as much as I do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our semi-rural town, we have all the big box stores we need. But go 2 miles outside and you're in the country or forests. Nice.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great place to live!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts