Thursday, April 14, 2016

LayDee the Lab/Pit Mix

She makes the funniest faces


It's been almost a year, since my sister-in-law, gave us Lady (I changed the spelling to Laydee) when she was 8 mos old.

I could lie and say she is a black lab - due to the bad reputations of pit bulls. The husband told me he never would have a pit bull. I, on the other hand, love them. My brother has one who is a sweetie and I know many who do. So when his sister, told us the puppy was a black lab, we believed her. Well, truth be told, I had my suspicions. The shape of her head, and the way she pinned down her ears - yes in many ways she looks like a black lab. I googled lab-pit mixes and there she was, all over the place.

when we brought her home. 


A month or so later, I mentioned to my husband, that she probably had some Pit in her. He was too far gone, in love with Laydee to even care anymore.

Laydee, 1 year later


She is one of the best dogs we have ever had. She loves water and adores her family. She is very protective of us, our home, our vehicles and our cats, Susie and Miss Buster. She's a awesome watch-dog.

I feel we have the best of both breeds! LOVE my Laydee!!!

12 comments:

  1. Aww, she looks sweet! My son has a pit. He's a big mush! The dog not my son. Actually, I guess my son is too. A mush not a pit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's how you raise them. 10 years ago, a pit bull killed my cat. He just tore her up. But as karma would have it, 2 weeks after that, he ran out and was hit by a car.

      Delete
  2. I've heard that well-cared for Pit Bulls make wonderful pets. The problem comes when people train them to be violent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've grown to appreciate the breed. It is how you raise them

      Delete
  3. Pets (or fur babies, I should say), sometimes get a bad rep because of their breed and not the pet itself. Each pet is different and I think it has a lot to do with how they're raised and taught. Laydee looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have 3 fur babies, one dog, 2 cats

      Delete
  4. Seems like a perfect match for your family :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laydee is a beauty. It really doesn't matter if she does or does not have certain mixed-breeding. What matters is that she is a good dog in a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    How has the challenge been going for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs? M marked the halfway point!
    My blog's giveaway is still going! I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops. Check out the post about how to better use the image alt code -- featured on the main A to Z blog as well as my own.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    That's a wonderful story. I'm glad she found your family.
    Don't forget the M and N posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing catch up with M and N but I'm still IN.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts