Friday, April 08, 2016

Grandpa

2 years ago 



My husband's father, Grandpa will be 90 years old mid-May and on the most part, he is doing great. Earlier this week, he had to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion due to his anemia. Each year, he seems to go to the hospital more and more. Years ago, he would be dead by now. He also lives at the California State Veteran Home and they take good care of him. If he was living on his own, or even with us, we would not know when he was low on his blood or some other health concern. So I am sure, they have saved his life more than once.

A few months back, he wanted to make funeral arrangements now and pay for it, so it would not be a burden to us. So we helped him take care of that.

We'll probably have a little get together for him at the VA Home.

 I have a aunt who will be 97 this month. I hope she makes it to 100. She also is doing very well.


8 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post. My grandmother made it to 101, and I feel so blessed by that.
    Treasure your time with Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is awesome. And yes, we are treasuring our time with him. Every birthday or holiday could be his last so we make the most of it.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Longevity in your family! My grandmother lived to be 97 and her mother lived to be 94. My dad is 84 right now and still going strong. I hope I got some of those good genes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much with my parents - Mom died 74 and dad died at 76. My grandparents lived well into their 80's as well.

      Delete
  3. 90 a.nd 97 is doing pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that was wise for him to make his own burial arrangements; my mom did the same; had everything paid, made everything so much easier when everyone is still in that raw grief. I hope he has many more years left though!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The husband and I hope to start that for us as well. It's the smart thing to do, if you can afford it.

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts