Monday, March 21, 2016

Quiet Space




It's been over a month now, that all 3 adult kids have been gone. Char, closer to two months. I'm enjoying it, but do miss my sons. Char checks in all the time but Navy and Foodie, never do. I guess that is just guys. I did call last week, and talked with Foodie - of course it was about food - He was planning to cook a corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot, I gave them. He was so excited. As for Navy, he just doesn't do "phones" and I can't blame him - he's a lot like me. I'm not a big phone talker any more either. I do better in person and even then, when I have said all that I need to say, I'm done and want to go home. Introverts rule!

The husband went over to install a ceiling fan in their dining area. I choose not to go. I had things to do at home. Ah, we'll get together soon. I'm thinking about having a family dinner in a couple of weeks. I just wanted us all to appreciate each other and I did not want to be a needy Mom, having to talk to them all the time. They need space, just like I do.

The house in the evenings are incredibly quiet. Now that it's daylight savings time, I can enjoy more daytime and start enjoying the backyard and patio when it dries out.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Coffee Lady,
    Thank you for your comment on my blog about our dog, Heidi. Both of our kids are grown, but we have our son's two boys on Saturdays, and our daughter's 21 month old daughter 4 days a week for 8 1/2 hours. I long for more quiet time and time to do other things I thought I would be doing at this point in my life, but we are also grateful for the time we have with them. We are starting to have the boys come one at a time some of the weeks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on not being much for talking on the phone. My daughter and I text back and forth all the time. My son would rather call! We all got together last Sunday for dinner to celebrate my husband and I's anniversary. It was the first time since January 4th! Oh well, everyone's busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long while since I've had young ones living with me. I kinda of like the peace and quiet. I'm so used to it now I think it would be hard to have all of the hub bub again. It's true about sons. Although I have a friend whose sons check in with Mom and Dad on a daily basis. I'm a little envious of that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts