Monday, March 07, 2016

A BONUS POST

My birthday flowers from my sister, last year. 



Since I don't like my posts to be too long, here is a bonus post with more from me.

On the 2nd, I turned 62. I can't remember when it was the last time, I was so excited about turning a certain age. I feel great both physically and mentally. Okay so I am still dealing with some grief issues, from my sisters death but all in all, I am happy. April,  I get my first social security check! So I guess I am RETIRED?  Not really. I am always open to finding that really cool, part-time job.

So far 2016, has just opened up, with new possibilities, new hope and promise. I almost am leary of all the good, that seems to be happening. Like, okay...what's around the corner???

My sister's birthday was the 5th and that was strange for me. Today is the 8th anniversary of my Mom's suicide. It is, what it is. I can't change what happened and I certainly can't figure it out. I can be mad at her, and be bitter the rest of my life or I can just move on. I choose to move on. Okay so there may be times, I start to overthink things, but 99% of the time, I am good.

My niece wanted to go and see a Medium.
Coffee Lady doesn't dig that! I just won't go there. I don't want to open or re-open any doors into that realm. She on the other hand, feels she needs to talk to her mom. I don't want to hear any of it - leave me out of it!

So now, it seems, I have a new life before me. It's up to me now, to make the most of it and to create the life I want.




4 comments:

  1. I like my birthdays, I have no problem with getting older, I am not getting old, I am just living a good life surrounded by my family who I love even when they annoy the crap out of me. Having a birthday means we are not dead and not being dead is always a good thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, being alive is much better!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope it will be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. So far 2016 has been awesome/

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts