Monday, February 15, 2016

Ch Ch Changes




It's been awhile - I don't believe I have ever gone this long without checking into this blog. Sorry about that.

Since my sister passed last Sept. It's been strange, living on this earth without her, and realizing I am the only one left from my childhood family. Of course trying hard not to let the demons win, I have kept busy . "You're next." , they would try and tell me....Well, DUH! That didn't take some wise-arse demon to tell me THAT!

No, really I am fine. Just many changes that I have to adapt to, and I've not ever been good at ch ch changes.

Char moved out and found a cute apartment downtown. She was accepted for low cost housing. Due to her disability, it also opens her up to low cost electricity, and other benefits. Once a week, a food pantry delivers some meals and a recipe. She is enjoying that. She works 3 days a week now. I'm proud of her and all that she has accomplished.

My guys, Navy and Foodie have applications in, for their own move. I can't tell you how ecstatic I am. They totally overstayed their welcome. It was getting tense around here, mostly between the husband and Foodie. Both of them are so much alike, they can't even see it. I'll miss them but IT'S TIME.

Come April, I will get my first Social Security check. I'm DOWN with this. It's ABOUT TIME. March,  I turn 62. What a trip.

So I will be making some blog changes. Don't know EXACTLY what, but just know it's coming.

7 comments:

  1. Hello. I just discovered your blog here on Blogger and relate to what I've read so far. We are the same age and I have been on Blogger for a long time too - with long periods of inactivity. I'm trying to find some new Blogger friends to follow, but don't see a "follow" button on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, glad your kids are finally fleeing the nest. Gotta say I'm a little envious of your upcoming retirement. I have a few years to go yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all welcome back. I hope that all is well with all of the bloggers I have been following and now that a lot of people write on google and some bloggers add their blog posts to google plus very few bloggers are following each other so it is hard to tell who is doing what. The good thing is that you are doing all right.
    One of my cousins says that she is inevitably the next to go . She is left behind after loosing three of her sisters (two in a car accident and one to Colon cancer). She lost her dad forty some years ago and recently lost her mom too. We try as much as possible to see that she is not lonely. Of course she has her kids and grand kids too. Still siblings are special and no one can fill their gap.
    Blog changes? Some people have recommended that to me too. I do not have time . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your sister. Losing your siblings are hard. I have lost three brothers, two older then me and one younger. There is just me and my baby brother left. And right at Thanksgiving we lost a very dear friend of 50 plus years. For the last 10 years, after her husband died, we have picked her up most Saturdays for church. It is still hard not having her sitting by me at Mass. But time does and will heal. Retirement is scary but I find it fun. Not having to get up at a certain time or getting up early( my favorite time of the day) knowing if I get tired, I can just take a nap. Hang in there and enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not imagine life without my siblings in it, hell I can't imagine life without my parents in it as I talk to mum every night and sometimes two or three times during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to read a new post! :) Looking forward to seeing what changes are coming. Speaking of changes, change is hard, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose a parent or a sibling. Haven't had to go through that yet.
    We've been empty nesters since last summer, (there was a bit of boomeranging going on, but I think we can safely say that we are officially empty nesters now), but never say never.. my globetrotting daughter is returning at the end of March and will probably stay with us for a month or so before she moves up north to work for the summer. Happy retirement!.. that seems a ways away for me, yet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to read a new post! :) Looking forward to seeing what changes are coming. Speaking of changes, change is hard, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose a parent or a sibling. Haven't had to go through that yet.
    We've been empty nesters since last summer, (there was a bit of boomeranging going on, but I think we can safely say that we are officially empty nesters now), but never say never.. my globetrotting daughter is returning at the end of March and will probably stay with us for a month or so before she moves up north to work for the summer. Happy retirement!.. that seems a ways away for me, yet...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts