Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Jury Duty



Last week I was called for Jury duty. I wanted it. I thought it would be a good way to keep my mind off things, plus a good way to do something, I had never done.

This time I got into the court-room. Usually I don't get out of the main BIG room. So that was new and exciting. Then I was able to watch the process of jury selection. The case had something to do with child endangerment and alcohol.

Everyone was uncomfortable after that was said. I mean, we ALL hate child abuse or child endangerment. How would they be able to pick?  I kinda knew I would not be picked, simply because I was a early childhood professional for 30 years - daycare owner and Nanny. I was a helicopter parent to some degree and an even more, helicopter provider and nanny. I never let those kids out of my sight.

So they chose and my name was not called to be interviewed. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

  1. I only served once. A DUI case. The guy sucked on the breathalyzer instead of blowing on it. Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that made me laugh...idiot is right!

      Delete
    2. I shut down my blog long term. Made it private so I wouldn't have to delete. Bye for now!

      Delete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts