Sunday, August 02, 2015
You get what you pay for
Last night we went to the Dollar movies for our date night. We saw Night of the Museum -Secret of the Tomb. (5 thumbs down but the Husband liked it) We usually go to the first showing - now I know why. Less crowded and much cleaner. Don't these places hire janitors that work during the day or do they just let everything get dirty and hire them for after-hours? Since I have a mild "issue" with germs and bugs, I imagined all through the movie, that bugs were crawling on me. I kept scratching and itching. The husband said he wasn't bothered and that it was my imagination or dry skin. Came home, and still felt disgusting - went to bed and woke up with that same itching. I might have to take a benadryl and when I shower, right after I post this, I will slather my body with skin-so-soft.
I did some checking and found that movie theaters were one of the 10 places bed bugs are hiding. NOW I am totally grossed out. I plan to call the Theater later when they open. While I did not actually find them on me (It was dark) I do have little bumps. Fleas maybe???
Top ten places bed bugs are found
1. Public libraries - inside the books and in the carpet and cushions of chairs. Always check pages and spines of the books, before crawling into bed with that romantic novel.
2. Retail stores - Brand new merchandise can have bedbugs! I did not know this. Trying on clothes, furniture - check for stains, and shake out clothing before bringing them home.
3. Movie theaters - Cushy comfortable seats, with multiple bug infested hosts. Limit your personal belongings you bring with you or they will catch a ride home with you, which I did bring in my purse. Now I really feel itchy.
4. Planes, Trains, Buses - Well Duh! Don't place your bags on your bed.
5. Daycare's, Schools, Colleges - well there goes the schools. We used to have lice infestations when I was a kid in school. Never had them, but Mom would treat me anyway.
6. Churches and Places of Worship - It's Sunday, so I'll throw in the churches, too. Same upholstered chairs with multiple bible thumping, holy rollers sitting in those seats. (Just kidding, my fellow Christians)
7. Business offices - They travel in briefcases and clothing, packages and boxes, business suits and casual clothes.
8. Laundromats, The Dry Cleaners - I didn't know, but these little disgusting bugs like clean places too.
9. Hospitals and Nursing Homes - Sick or old, these bugs don't know the difference. Apparently there have been cases where they have had to quarantine a patients room, due to bed bug infestation. I was happy to hear, they don't carry diseases. Just drive you nuts with the itching.
10. Thrift stores and Garage Sales - Now this is rough for me. I love the thrift stores and 2nd hand shopping and it never occurred to me about this. Well I take that back - not all thrift stores are alike. Some you walk into and smell dust (you know me about dust smelling) and it just is old and musty. I avoid those places. I like clean thrift stores, but as I said earlier, they like clean places too.
So there you have it. Hot off the presses. Now go out and enjoy this Big beautiful world. Just be aware, there are bugs that want to go out and enjoy it with you.
Now, off to the shower....
12 steps 1. We admitted we were powerless over the effects of aging - that our lives had become exhausting trying to keep up with y...
Just a lot of little things going on, that keeps me from settling back into my blogger-mode. I have written many posts in my mind but w...
The Marine Corp is in 2 months. It is a semi-formal event that celebrates the Marine Corp birthday. It is one of the big events around here...
Thank God it's almost Saturday! The baby shower is Saturday and I'll be glad when I am back home. LONG drive for me, going an...
I started looking at semi-formal dresses on the internet and they are pretty fancy. I can't get an evening gown - it will be just to...
Sometime in October, my husband will be working a day shift - 8 am to 4 pm, just like regular people. It's been a long time since w...
A couple of weeks ago, I received the shocking news, that the husband of my late best friend had died. Susie passed a few years ago and...