Monday, August 31, 2015

Painting

I am going through a creative mood and I don't know how long it will last, but I am enjoying every minute of it.

The new fence is up and it looks good. It only took them 2 days so it wasn't that bad.

I finally told the husband he has to stop putting off painting the inside of our house - I am sick of it. He always has time for putzing around - working on the waterfall in our backyard for 6 years!!! and the thing still isn't working right. "Organizing" the garage and his work shed - it looked better when it was disorganized. He volunteers for everything he can OUTSIDE our home, and nothing gets done. I think that is why I get winter depression. When I was single/divorced I got things done. None of this, "we have time." I want my house in order! Is that too much to ask for?????

So he started - using ity bity baby steps. I just asked him to do the ceilings, because they are vaulted and too high for me. I'll do the walls. I'm a painters daughter! He grumbles and moans...He also is a very messy painter. I'll take it - I just want those ceilings done, once and for all.

the entry way into the living room 


a straight line over to the other wall in kitchen/dining area
The other side of the kitchen ceiling has to be done

and the living room ceiling


Meanwhile, I am painting my cabinets after I messed up with the staining. I applied Martha Stewerts bead-board paintable wall paper on the cabinets. I am going for a beachy, bohemian, eclectic, shabby look.

Here's what I have done so far:

wallpaper on the inside of cabinets

after I painted. 



5 comments:

  1. I really like the color you chose for your kitchen cabinets... very nice. You're really getting a lot accomplished at your house. It will be ready for the holidays... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. Yeah the color is called Opal Silk Green by Glidden. It's semi-gloss.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the way your cabinets look! I have bead board cabinets in my kitchen and love them! Seems that all husbands are the same. The good thing about my husband though is if I get frustrated enough to start the project myself, he usually takes over! Not without a lot of groaning, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your beadboard is real. I am taking a major risk using this paintable wallpaper. I hope it holds up well. Oh well, life is short. I can't wait for the husband to put in real beadboard so this will do.

      Delete
  3. Paintable wallpaper? I haven't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts