Monday, July 27, 2015

Messed up on my med's


I've been on antidepressants since the 90's. I am a "lifer."  It's OKAY, I don't mind. They keep me sane and on a even keel.

So I use Express Scripts - they send them to me and I don't hardly ever have to THINK about it. Until last night - I took my last pill and looked around, and could not find the bag they come in. I could of sworn, they came. (Must be lost under all that mess in the dining room) So I checked the bottle and sure enough, this particular prescription, I had forgot to register for their automatic-don't-have-to-think-about-it home delivery. Uh oh...

The last time I messed up like this, was like 12 years ago and my son had just died. I don't even remember the details, only that I was waiting for my prescription and it took about 3 weeks.  Some confusion on my prescription plan. I started to go through withdrawal symptoms. I tell you, if you think you are healed and your med's are doing nothing for you, TRY going off of them. OMG, I actually felt my brains move around inside my head. They call them brain shivers or Brain zaps.  Like electrical shocks and they are a common withdrawal symptom from antidepressants.

It almost landed me in the hospital. I couldn't think - I could not get out of bed. What I should of done, was called my doctor and pay full price - I did not know it would be THAT bad.

So today, I called in for my new prescription - got on the automatic delivery.  But they won't get here till sometime after the 30th. I promptly, called my doctor and they sent over a prescription for 7 days and I picked it up. I'm good to go.

This would not be a good time for me. Michael's birthday is on the 7th and while its been 12 years, that day can be hard. It just depends...


6 comments:

  1. I remember those brain zaps very well! They are awful! I still occasionally get them and I weaned myself off of Eff3xor several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. I used to take the maximum dose and weaned myself down to the minimum of 150g.

      Delete
  2. I have run out of my meds a few times. The Walgreen's down the street gives me an emergency supply until the goods come in the mail. I'm glad you called your doctor and got what you needed. I'm sorry you have a difficult day coming up. I have one during August, too--my former wedding anniversary.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I'm sorry about your difficult day coming up. Michael's birthday doesn't bother me as much as it used to. But I always pause and remember and let the tears flow.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that you had to go through the withdrawl symptoms. I heard that they can be toturous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me I have to go and order a couple of scrips from the doctor, I am signed up for the chemist to tell me when I am due for a new lot of medication they send me a text I reply yes if I want one and bobs your uncle

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good - I admit, sometimes I don't respond back, in time for a dialog. I bad! I will TRY and do better. Thanks for understanding.

Popular Posts